The Student Room Group

Racism Views

So, where I'm from racism is fairly common, so I personally have got used to so don't really respond much.
However, yesterday at work a guy was a bit racist, not much in general, I was just going to let it go, however my manager (who is white) started getting really mad at him and kicked him out.
So I kinda was wondering everyone's views on racism, if you'd respond to it and how?
Original post by nimrahk123
So i kinda was wondering everyone's views on racism, if you'd respond to it and how?

Racism is wrong. Simple
Any mind that engages in it is undeveloped and retrogressive
One of the best responses to racism that I have ever witnessed was by Dani Alves when someone threw a banana at him during their game against Villareal
[video="youtube;BZ02ddNW2dU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ02ddNW2dU[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Depends what you define as a 'little bit racist' tbh...
Reply 3
Original post by 1010marina
Depends what you define as a 'little bit racist' tbh...

He only said, I'd be fit if I was white.
Reply 4
Racism should not exist in this world. Quite sad to be honest. Racism was, is and will always be wrong.
Reply 5
Original post by Nimrahk123

Well, he does not make any sense lol.
Racism, as in overt discrimination or hatred against someone because of the colour of their skin, is wrong and should be challenged in all circumstances.

This, however, shouldn't be mistaken for Islamaphobia or xenophobia as it so commonly is by armchair Guardian commentators.
Reply 7
Original post by h333
Well, he does not make any sense lol.

I know, a bit of a stupid thing to say actually.
Reply 8
I know, a bit of a stupid thing to say actually.

Very.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Very wrong of course. based on peoples ignorance

but I hate how people say 'its 2016, how can racism still exist?'

like honestly, am I the only one who knows that it will ALWAYS exist, no matter what century we are in?

People are just better at covering it up but its still there, its always there. so is sexism and homophobia and all other types of fascism
Reply 10
People can think what they want, if they act on these thoughts that is a problem.

I second that it was an incredibly stupid statement, but do you mind if i ask what race you are ?
Reply 12
Original post by #JOSH45#
I second that it was an incredibly stupid statement, but do you mind if i ask what race you are ?

Orc

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry, i don't know what that means.
Reply 14
Original post by #JOSH45#

Sure, I'm from like 5th generation Pakistani.
My mate and I went to the shops once last year, and when we were heading back to the flat these guys started making monkey chants to him, I turned towards them and shouted "You better shut the **** up". They stopped, but my friend was like "Don't waste your time with people like them".

I was surprised by his reaction, but also happy that this kind of stuff doesn't crawl under his skin.

Quick Reply

Latest