The Student Room Group

Two men kidnap priest, take hostages in church near the French Rouen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pegasus2
This sounds like a very poorly thought out idea.

Also, I don't think Japan, even during their extreme times of WW2 can be compared to ISIS.

Yeh, Islamic State are total amateurs compared to Imperial Japan.
Original post by tianshan
Disgraceful. You're absolutely right. It's even worse when you come to think that one of the two attackers is only 18.

It makes you wonder what kind of hate they can be so full of to do such a thing
Original post by 1010marina

If you believe the psychologists, almost anyone can be persuaded to do almost anything.
Original post by 1010marina

Agreed. I wonder what their upbringing was like...
Think about it - nowadays we go on about how polite and civilized the Japanese are. Well, it wasn't that long ago that they were a nation full of totally indoctrinated people, ready to kill and die for their country and visit almost any cruelty on anyone else.

Biologically and what has really changed? Was there some pathological madness around in the 1930s and 40s? It can only be a social thing. People in groups or individuals, who weren't inherently bad, can be persuaded to do bad stuff. It's a real big stretch to assume that everyone in Japan had a bad upbringing, or was mentally ill.
Religion of peace, obviously.
Original post by M14B
He will Blah Boy:colone:

I have and apparently 'balh child' is talking rollox
Original post by HanSoloLuck
We dropped two nukes on them and made them renounce their God, their King was seen as something akin to a god by the way.

So yeah, accounting for size and population differences while following this logic we'd need to tactically carpet bomb the middle East with nukes until they renounce Mohammed... sounds like a plan I can get behind.

Hope you're happy to live with 10 decades of white guilt :tongue:
We dropped two nukes on them and made them renounce their God, their King was seen as something akin to a god by the way.

So yeah, accounting for size and population differences while following this logic we'd need to tactically carpet bomb the middle East with nukes until they renounce Mohammed... sounds like a plan I can get behind.

Well whether it was the two bombs or the Soviets declaring war on them, Hirohito decided to surrender. There's not a lot to suggest that if he hadn't they wouldn't have fought to the last man or woman

You're absolutely disgusting if you think nuking an entire region is a good idea. Do you not realise how many innocent Japanese people were killed in those nukes? There is no need to cull thousands of innocent people just because they follow a different religion. Why not just stop immigration from those Muslim countries and leave them alone?
Original post by thunder_chunky
Religion of peace, obviously.

The religion is peaceful, just a few mavericks abusing it and using it as an excuse to murder innocents, many of whom are Muslim themselves.
Original post by Ladbants
The religion is peaceful, just a few mavericks abusing it and using it as an excuse to murder innocents, many of whom are Muslim themselves.

1) The religion itself is toxic. We've seen that time and time again. Only ignorant apologists and enablers like you would say otherwise.
2) It isn't just a few. It's actually quite a lot of them.

Face it, the religion is toxic and dangerous, and so are a great deal of the people who follow it. Fact.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Suicide attacks
Awful violence metered out by the occupiers to the citizens of captured lands
A fanatical belief in the supreme ruler
Awful violence metered out to prisoners of war with beheading a daily occurrence
The capture of women to use as sex slaves.

Can you guess who I'm talking about?

Brexit voters?

1) The religion itself is toxic. We've seen that time and time again. Only ignorant apologists and enablers like you would say otherwise.
2) It isn't just a few. It's actually quite a lot of them.

Face it, the religion is toxic and dangerous, and so are a great deal of the people who follow it. Fact.

I'm ignorant? Have you even read the Quran?
I'm ignorant? Have you even read the Quran?

It's all on multiple pages via google. All those quotes with it's medieval scripture.

Given that the vast majority of "moderate" Muslims wholeheartedly object to precision surgical strikes on ISIS targets (killing thousands of ISIS and causing them to lose most of their territory in Iraq), even though they undoubtedly saved countless times more lives than the hundred or so innocent killed and prevented continued Yazidi genocide and impending Kurdish genocide...........I don't think it would fly.
Guys there has been an air strike on a maternity hospital in northwest Syria:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36926063
2 dead, hundreds injured
You're absolutely disgusting if you think nuking an entire region is a good idea. Do you not realise how many innocent Japanese people were killed in those nukes? There is no need to cull thousands of innocent people just because they follow a different religion. Why not just stop immigration from those Muslim countries and leave them alone?

Those bombs saved millions of lives, you are a sick individual if you prefer the death of millions above the lives of several hundred thousand.

yes, the religion is toxic and dangerous, but most Muslims are just normal people
Original post by mariachi
yes, the religion is toxic and dangerous, but most Muslims are just normal people

Most ay be peaceful, maybe, *but a lot of them still agree with and follow their strict conservative beliefs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending