The Student Room Group

I'm crying over this argument with my friend. Am I wrong, and what should I do?

Basically me and my friend went out for drinks last night. She got really, really drunk and it ended up with me being the one chasing her around, making sure that she was okay. I stopped this group of guys from preying on her, picked up all of the posessions she was dropping, managed to get her out of the club before the bouncer called the police, searched for her when she left and made sure her bag was safe while having to go to the ATM to pay for the taxi. So it is safe to say that I just wanted to go home.

Our nights drunk always result in something like this happening, normally the same scenario. One time the police even had to be involved because she became violent and started lashing out at me. So this time I didn't dare to touch her in case the same thing happened, obviously everyone around assumed that I was a bad friend because of this. I really just knew it would get worse if I tried to pull her away.

We then got into the taxi, and I had no money at all. The taxi driver was going to give us a 'deal,' wherein we both paid £20. She said she wasn't going to give the money, even though I knew she had it. She told me that I owed her money, and I just got really angry over it because I am in debt from repaying her the money I owed, yet she still said that. She's the one that owes me money actually. I had no money, so I couldn't afford to pay the whole fair, and I said this. We had an argument, and basically the taxi driver said she could get out and get into another taxi if she wasn't going to pay. We dropped her off at the taxi rank where there was literally around 15 taxis waiting, so I assumed she would get back okay.

I got in and called her mother to ask about her and if she'd gotten back. I told her mother exactly where she was and what had happened. Her mother texted later, probably only around 30 minutes after (it takes 20 minutes to get to our houses,) that she was back home.

Now she texted me today saying she had concussion because of me 'leaving' her, and that I am a horrible friend and her mother hates me and all of this stuff. But I wouldn't have just ditched her in the middle of the street or anything. I only left because I assumed she would've been wise enough to get straight into another taxi, as this was basically a taxi depot, so there were taxis up and down each street. I have no idea where she could have wandered off to or why or how it could've happened in such a short time period from getting into the house.

TL;DR - me and my friend went out for drinks, we had an argument about money, I couldn't pay taxi fair for both of us, so I dropped her off at a taxi rank (where there were LOADS of taxis waiting,) she texted today saying I was a horrible friend for leaving and that she has concussion and head injuries because of it. But I only left because I assumed she would get straight into a taxi, it would be impossible to walk anywhere on the street without seeing a taxi.

Is this something I have done wrong? What can I do? Do you think she will forgive me?
She sounds like a massive ****
Reply 2
Original post by JabaDaba12
She sounds like a massive ****

So you don't think I have done anything wrong? :frown: I don't like the thought of her mother hating me for this, and her not forgiving me when I assumed I did all I could.
"No more drinks". Both should agree to that, or stop being friends.
Nope dont think you did anything wrong. You said she was drunk? She sounds like a massive pain in the backside.
I wouldnt feel guilty and I would just let it settle. She may or may not wnat to be friends, but tbh she doesnt deserve you.
Im not sure whether theres any point letting her mum know that you dropped her off to get her own taxi and assumed she was safe and had refused to pay part of a combined taxi fare. If she isnt big enough to make up then find new friends.
Original post by Anonymous
So you don't think I have done anything wrong? :frown: I don't like the thought of her mother hating me for this, and her not forgiving me when I assumed I did all I could.

She was a rude ***** when sober as well as drunk.
Reply 6
wow I'm super nice towards my friends and yet they still hate me whereas your friend is a complete B**CH toward you and yet you still consider her a friend. Man, am I doing it all wrong, am I supposed to be more b**chy towards people to get them to like me?
she shouldn't have drunk that much, if it was a one off accident you could have some sympathy - everyone had dealt with a horrible drunk person as a one off and it's been a nightmare but she has done this more than once and it's not your job to keep picking up the pieces

you left her at a taxi rank and told her mum to make sure she got home, I think you did plenty

Quick Reply

Latest