The Student Room Group

Access to sociol worker or social sciences humanities

Hey guys!

I have been excepted onto a access to social work and access to social science humanities including history. I am hoping to go on to university next year (2017) to study social work.

I have been told it does not matter what access course I study from the above two because they both will gain me into a university as long as I pass the course.

Has anybody studied either of the courses?
and which one would benefit me the most?
Original post by Craig Beardsley
Hey guys!

I have been excepted onto a access to social work and access to social science humanities including history. I am hoping to go on to university next year (2017) to study social work.

I have been told it does not matter what access course I study from the above two because they both will gain me into a university as long as I pass the course.

Has anybody studied either of the courses?
and which one would benefit me the most?

Nobody here can answer this question. I would strongly suggest you contact the universities you want to apply to and ask them what Access course they prefer/whether it makes a difference.
I did the Access to the Humanities and my degree is Criminology. But if I were you, if a Social Work Access course is on offer and that's what what you want to do, then I'd go for that one.
Original post by Seamus123
I did the Access to the Humanities and my degree is Criminology. But if I were you, if a Social Work Access course is on offer and that's what what you want to do, then I'd go for that one.

Thank you for taking some time out of your day to reply to my post; much appreciated.

I emailed my sociology teacher yesterday, and she replied in saying that it didnt matter what course I choose, as they both can get my on to a university course studying social work. So its my decision.

How did you find the access course?

What grades did you end up getting by the end of the course?

I am so nervous to start the access course. I just need to choose the course i want to study.
Original post by Craig Beardsley
Thank you for taking some time out of your day to reply to my post; much appreciated.

I emailed my sociology teacher yesterday, and she replied in saying that it didnt matter what course I choose, as they both can get my on to a university course studying social work. So its my decision.

How did you find the access course?

What grades did you end up getting by the end of the course?

I am so nervous to start the access course. I just need to choose the course i want to study.

No, don't ask a teacher - ask the university admission tutor. Your teacher won't know, she is guessing.
Original post by Snufkin
No, don't ask a teacher - ask the university admission tutor. Your teacher won't know, she is guessing.

Ok, thank you, il ring first thing monday morning.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending