The Student Room Group

Would you be friends with a bald girl (If she wore a wig)?

I lost my hair nearly a year ago and it's not growing back.
I was so upset and felt so vile and saw myself as a freak who would never find love and who would lose all her friends.

That didn't happen at all. In fact I ended up never having had so many friends! I didn't lose a single friend, in fact I became closer to them.

I also acquired a really good looking, lovely boyfriend who could have literally had any girl.

I do wear a wig all day and all night which is much nicer than how my real hair was, but the vast majority of people in my life know it's not my bio hair.

So I was just wondering, would you be friends with a bald girl? In fact do you see it as a big deal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes of course
Original post by UWS
Yes of course

Never judge a book by it's cover. :smile:
Why not?
Yes. Who cares. It's about being a good person, not about looking a certain way.

Plus lots of women rock the bald look now. If you work out, nobody will give a damn.

I'll go one further, my last partner was scared for some reason of going bald (all women are scared of something it seems) and I told her that it wouldn't make a bit of difference and she would just look more cute that way. And I meant it. So no, it doesn't matter.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I was so upset and felt so vile and saw myself as a freak who would never find love and who would lose all her friends.

That didn't happen at all. In fact I ended up never having had so many friends! I didn't lose a single friend, in fact I became closer to them.

I also acquired a really good looking, lovely boyfriend who could have literally had any girl.

I do wear a wig all day and all night which is much nicer than how my real hair was, but the vast majority of people in my life know it's not my bio hair.

So I was just wondering, would you be friends with a bald girl? In fact do you see it as a big deal?

lets be honest, if its like just dating then I dont see why not

but say if i want to marry the person, which means I will see them practically everyday then most likely not as its just a personal preference
Yes it would be fun we could go wig shopping
Reply 7
Friendship is deeper than looks.Friendship is all about not judging one another.You could be bald,scarred or even an alien and I'd still be friends with that person.
Reply 8
My mums friend actually shaved her head off. She was having hair problems and was sick of it so shaved it off. I would totally not mind being friends with a bald person. Every now and then she wears a wig but mostly she doesn't and it actually suits her.
Original post by Anonymous

I would be quite happy to be friends with a bald girl as long as they were a nice person and we got along. I would hang out with you even if you didn't wear a wig and we clicked tbh. Friendships shouldn't be made based on your appearances anyway :smile:
Of course. :smile:
Yh cause wigs these days look so realistic like that lady from the BBC had to wear s wig cause she was going through chemo and I didn't even notice until I read it on the BBC Website so likelihood is that most people won't notice you're bald, and I doubt it would bother men that much either given you wear a wig all the time, and at least you don't have to worry about doing your hair ! :biggrin:
Firstly, I think it must be difficult for you to go through that,
But any friend worth having would not care if you're bald or wear a wig,
I personally wouldn't have a problem with that, I would care more about who you are.
There is nothing wrong with wearing wigs, women have been wearing them for what, 6000 years? My mother near the end of her life when her hair had thinned wore and enjoyed wearing wigs.
of course. wouldnt even question it
I've seen Stranger Things, better be on her side than not D:

But yes I don't see why it would be an issue...plenty of women of colour wear wigs regularly anyway (as well as weaves), so it's not like it's even that unusual.
If someone didn't want to be your friend because you don't have hair, consider that a blessing. You don't wanna be friends with people like that
I'd love you all the same!! Chin up princess, don't let the crown fall!! You inspire me so much! 😘
Yeah ofc. I'll be your friend lool. As long as you're a good person and we get a long well then ofc I'll be your friend. Your looks or anything else wouldn't be a factor when it comes to true friendship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending