The Student Room Group

EU Commission threatens hiring ‘freeze’ on men if more women don’t get top jobs

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
This is beyond stupid and something I could see a Dictator doing. Glad we are out of this Totalitarian regime
Discrimination doesn't solve discrimination...
Have to say, as a woman and a feminist this is just plain stupid. You hire the best person for the job - and if the best 100 people are men then so be it. Equally if they're white etc. PC rubbish
This is so stupid, and I say this as a woman :s-smilie:
Original post by Mathemagicien
There is an upside to the PC madness - eventually, you will be able to switch genders on official documents with one click (without having to actually taking any effort to 'transitioning':wink:, so men would potentially be able to claim to identify as women and voila! we'd have (on paper) the feminist dream of a workplace full of women, and the men would not be discriminated against.

and you could also have sex with your women bosses in hope of a promotion :biggrin: (not sure if I watch too many series but I think some women do that.)
So do we need a hiring freeze on female nurses?
Positive discrimination is discrimination this isn't how you get equality.

You get that by treating everyone on their merits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Men are the foundation of civilizations remove them and we go back to stone age.
Reply 9
Not our problem for much longer :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Reue
Not our problem for much longer :wink:

Too early to say that.

Of course, you may consider a minimum of 3 years not 'much longer'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by *Stefan*
Too early to say that.

Of course, you may consider a minimum of 3 years not 'much longer'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 years is not a particularly long time*
Reply 12
Swear the EU is designed to implement the worst aspects of each side of the political spectrum
Reply 13
Original post by Reue
3 years is not a particularly long time*

It is a minimum though... And it assumes that a trade deal won't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel much less bad about us leaving now (not that I felt particularly bad about it before you understand).
This is a brilliant idea. Why stop there?
Where I live there are no women bin collectors or recycling collectors or road sweepers or come to think of it any job that involves grafting outdoors all year round. Sweating cobs through the summer, freezing your nuts off through the winter and soaking wet all day when it rains. Lets not even talk about the sort of privilege that men possess, that leads to a situation were I have never once in my life seen a woman working professionally at height or even just at the top of a ladder.
So no more men to be taken on in these jobs until equality is reached.
While we're at it we should stop recruting female teachers, nurses, midwives, social workers , or HR deptments in any local authorities or in the private sector.
I love this plan. What could possibly go wrong?
(edited 7 years ago)
Glad we're getting out.
So glad we're leaving this corrupt organisation.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Its not like we don't have similar schemes of our own. Was it not Theresa May who wanted a the Metropolitan police to have a 50:50 white to non-white recruitment policy?

Did she really? We'll nows her chance to set the balance right with 50-50 white to non-white recruitment policy of Tory MPs.👍😊
Original post by Chief Wiggum
So do we need a hiring freeze on female nurses?

If I needed a catheter put in I'm not sure I'd want a dude doing it...

Quick Reply

Latest