The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Looked at the mark scheme ,it was good tbh.It helped me relax over the biden and cheney 15 marker.and the 45 markers were nice in what they said.Worried about scoring marks though.Can anyone tell me whats needed to score higher on 15 markers and if theres a difference in marks if you put 4 points instead of 3
hey guys I'm so stressed about how these exams went because I need an A in it for uni, but can someone (hopefully) reassure me -

for 3C i spent way too long on the 15 markers and ended up writing four unnecessarily long paragraphs for each and then when i looked at the clock i only had 30 mins to write my 45 marker which wasn't a great essay, and so in 4C I decided to only do 3 points for each of my 15s (my teacher said you can still do well with only 3 points) and then I was quite happy with my 45, but I've been reading on this thread that you need to write 4 points for 15 markers and now I can't stop stressing. I am so so scared that I won't get an A (I got an A last year and I need 142 UMS this year for an A)

yeah sorry for writing such a long post but is anyone else in a similar position/are we able to do well in 15s if you only wrote 3 points?

good luck to you all and let's pray for low grade boundaries xx
Original post by claudiar99
hey guys I'm so stressed about how these exams went because I need an A in it for uni, but can someone (hopefully) reassure me -

for 3C i spent way too long on the 15 markers and ended up writing four unnecessarily long paragraphs for each and then when i looked at the clock i only had 30 mins to write my 45 marker which wasn't a great essay, and so in 4C I decided to only do 3 points for each of my 15s (my teacher said you can still do well with only 3 points) and then I was quite happy with my 45, but I've been reading on this thread that you need to write 4 points for 15 markers and now I can't stop stressing. I am so so scared that I won't get an A (I got an A last year and I need 142 UMS this year for an A)

yeah sorry for writing such a long post but is anyone else in a similar position/are we able to do well in 15s if you only wrote 3 points?

good luck to you all and let's pray for low grade boundaries xx

Youll be fine,an A is only 63/62 out of 90 and with 15 markers three points will probably end up with 12/11 or 13 maybe.
Reply 723
You don't need for 4 points for a 15 lol... one of the 15's even explicitly asked for 3 SCOTUS cases which have affected public policy.
Original post by Pato1
You don't need for 4 points for a 15 lol... one of the 15's even explicitly asked for 3 SCOTUS cases which have affected public policy.

Hmm i guess, but in all the full mark 15s in exemplar papers they put 4 points :frown:
Original post by claudiar99
Hmm i guess, but in all the full mark 15s in exemplar papers they put 4 points :frown:

my teacher says if you want 11-15 have 4 points.
Original post by sam1793
Looked at the mark scheme ,it was good tbh.It helped me relax over the biden and cheney 15 marker.and the 45 markers were nice in what they said.Worried about scoring marks though.Can anyone tell me whats needed to score higher on 15 markers and if theres a difference in marks if you put 4 points instead of 3

can you please send me a link to the mark scheme? I can't find it!
Original post by MelissaaC
can you please send me a link to the mark scheme? I can't find it!

its on this chat, you have to look back a bit
Original post by Sugar_1998
its on this chat, you have to look back a bit

Thank you!!
You don't need 4 paragraphs to get 11 marks that's ridiculous, you can get 15/15 with 3 good in depth paragraphs, it's about depth not breadth. You can write 4 smaller paragraphs which would be the same.
Reply 730
+6 for an A in 3c
+3 for an A in 4c
Original post by Pato1
+6 for an A in 3c
+3 for an A in 4c

And I thought unit 3 was harder wtf 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
And I thought unit 3 was harder wtf 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same so now I'm *****ing myself!!
Reply 733
They are scum
Reply 734
Original post by Pato1
+6 for an A in 3c
+3 for an A in 4c

What is +6 and +3?
Reply 735
marks
Can't believe it's gone up so much
Could someone link unit 3B and 4B mark schemes?
got a D and an E on this lol

unfortunate
Got a C in unit 3 and an A in unit 4, overall my politics grade was a B!

Quick Reply