The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by MamzZass
Lebron as a player id say is the GOAT. The problem with him is he doesnt have the achievements to back it up. If lebron had 6 rings he'd be the goat. This is coming from a Lebron hater. Cant forgive him for 2012.

you mean 2011? :wink: :tongue:
Original post by eden3
you mean 2011? :wink: :tongue:

...all im saying is that okc got robbed. :colonhash:
I am back from Italy and I return to see..a Kobe/MJ discussion. Oh you guys, can't leave you for 5 minutes eh :wink:

Original post by zionpower
and Hey, I'm a Knicks Fan.
Hey zion man, good to have you back in the thread.
Original post by eden3
Nah mate, I think there's another team that stripped you and OKC of the title of being ultimate chokers *cough* Golden State *cough* :tongue:
Nah, it's definitely still LA 'Can't get past the 2nd round ever' Clippers.
Original post by theonecenter
I'm personally a Golden State Warriors fan, I've been watching Steph since about 2011, and the guy is literally tearing up the league, I don't think I've ever witnessed a better 3pt shooter than him.But I have to say he's got some serious competition, and the main person I had in mind is LeBron James of the Cavs
Another Dubs fan. Makes 3 of us!
Reply 643
Clippers are the biggest chokers by far.

They're basically Arsenal in the Champions league getting knocked out in the second round all the time but managing to qualify for the knockout stages.

The Rockets choke 2 years ago :facepalm:
Reply 644
Good to see you back bro!

I was gonna continue the MJ/Kobe debate with Aristotle (was very tempted to :tongue:) but then I realised we would honestly just be going around in circles :lol: plus ain't nobody wanna see that
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrDystopia
I am back from Italy and I return to see..a Kobe/MJ discussion. Oh you guys, can't leave you for 5 minutes eh :wink:

Ello, hope you had a good time. The sooner people stop mentioning Kobe in the same breath the sooner I can stop refreshing :colonhash:

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Clippers are the biggest chokers by far.

They're basically Arsenal in the Champions league getting knocked out in the second round all the time but managing to qualify for the knockout stages.

The Rockets choke 2 years ago :facepalm:

True that ultimate chokers, they blew like a 35 point lead WTF?! Should have been champions tbh, I'd have had them over GS coming out of the West if they hadn't completely flopped.

Original post by eden3
Good to see you back bro!

I was gonna continue the MJ/Kobe debate with Aristotle (was very tempted to :tongue:) but then I realised we would honestly just be going around in circles :lol: plus ain't nobody wanna see that

:colonhash:
Reply 646
:rofl:
Original post by MamzZass
Lebron as a player id say is the GOAT. The problem with him is he doesnt have the achievements to back it up. If lebron had 6 rings he'd be the goat. This is coming from a Lebron hater. Cant forgive him for 2012.

Rings won't make u be the GOAT. Charles Barkley top 3 best PF of all time, has no ring same to Malone.
Bill Russell has 11 rings, is he the GOAT? No.
LeBron is not yet the GOAT because he did not dominate some important games such as in Finals. But Jordan did it all.
Reply 648
Not gonna lie after Lebron's 3rd ring I now have him above Kobe :frown: the way the Cavs played and the performance he put up... I can't ignore that.
I don't know if LeBron is above Kobe already. but LeBron will be above him at the end of his career
Original post by zionpower
Rings won't make u be the GOAT. Charles Barkley top 3 best PF of all time, has no ring same to Malone.
Bill Russell has 11 rings, is he the GOAT? No.
LeBron is not yet the GOAT because he did not dominate some important games such as in Finals. But Jordan did it all.

LeBron is already top 5, 1 more and he surpasses Magic.
Reply 651
Also LeBron already > Bird.

Ah I saw this that was so jokes :p:

Original post by eden3
Also LeBron already > Bird.

I still have a lot of respect for Bird because he didn't have a physical edge at all in his game. His IQ must have been through the roof to have been so competitive in such a great era.
Reply 654
Lowest I could rank James now is top 5. Question is where he ends up in that. I think for sure by the end of his career it'll be at the very least top 3 with Jordan and Kareem.
Original post by Bryci
Lowest I could rank James now is top 5. Question is where he ends up in that. I think for sure by the end of his career it'll be at the very least top 3 with Jordan and Kareem.

Imo Lebron is at 3. Who is above him aside from Jordan and Kareem do you think?

It's also very conceivable that Lebron will end up with the most points of all time, which would certainly put up to #2.
Reply 656

It's also very conceivable that Lebron will end up with the most points of all time, which would certainly put up to #2.
I personally have him at 3 too its just some of the older folk i know have Russell and Magic at 3 and 4 so thats why I said the top 5 at least thing.
Personally I have Jordan, Magic, LeBron as my top 3 atm. 70's simply wasn't as tough of an era for Kareem to be rated so high, infact the only other name which your average ball fan will actually be aware of as a great is Dr J. And not to mention Magic carried Kareem to his final 2 chips, whilst setting the standard for PGs and finals runs that holds to this day.

Original post by Bryci
I personally have him at 3 too its just some of the older folk i know have Russell and Magic at 3 and 4 so thats why I said the top 5 at least thing.

I have Hakeem ahead of Kareem and Russell, he played with junk and completely dominated. It's really hard not to put Timmy up there too, although that would pretty much create my GOAT team.

PG; Magic
SG; Jordan
SF; LeBron
PF; Timmy
C; Hakeem

Original post by Bryci

Yeah I think the jump to 2 is relatively small, Jordan dominated at the right time though so unless he can win a few more at least it's tough, although the road to MVP is wide open for him now with Curry and Durant on the same team so that's something.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh we also must not forget Magics career was ended prematurely due to his situation. Whatever he may say about Kobe to appear modest, he is undoubtedly the greatest Laker of all time. He did it all by age what, 31?

also interesting Kareem only has 2 FMVP, I know Magic carried him for the final 2 but what happened for the other 2 I wonder, may look into it when I get home.

Quick Reply

Latest