The Student Room Group

Is this a turn off?

I was just curious would you find it a turn off if your man asks before kissing you?

I once asked my girl if she wanted me to ask before I lipsed her, and she was like "nah, that's soft and unattractive", makes me look like a sweet boy.

But my ex before her said she prefers if I ask her permission.

So now I am confused.:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Based on your own experiences, you should be able to discern that it's subjective.

/thread
Reply 2
Original post by Remaine
Based on your own experiences, you should be able to discern that it's subjective.

/thread

Yeah true, but I am still curious on what the majority of females think.
Reply 3
Original post by Remaine

/thread

Wait hol'up...Lethal B is that you?:eek:
Original post by Too Gully
I was just curious would you find it a turn off if your man asks before kissing you?

I once asked my girl if she wanted me to ask before I lipsed her, and she was like "nah, that's soft and unattractive", makes me look like a sweet boy.

But my ex before her said she prefers if I ask her permission.

So now I am confused.:s-smilie:

well youve read my thread and i dont suppose id be too useful here...lol
Reply 5
I think most women would prefer not in general, but everyone is different. Obviously as a rule you need to look for cues but they don't have to be vocal. And you can make it obvious what you want without being vocal yourself and without just going straight in lol.
Reply 6
I don't see why it matters if it's spontaneous or you ask permission. It shouldn't matter like
Reply 7
How strange. if shes your girl why would you need to ask, just lean in and see if shes interested in reciprocating.
Reply 8
Conventional dating wisdom is, don't ask. Read the body language and go for it. Its probably more embarrassing to be rejected verbally than physically anyway
don't be a pussy
Asking her permission to me sounds a bit Victorian.
Reply 11
Original post by markova21
Asking her permission to me sounds a bit Victorian.

Really? That's weird.
Really? That's weird.

I could understand you asking her permission before the first time you ever kissed her. But you are in a relationship with her. Why would you ask her every time you wanted to kiss her , her permission? Ever heard of a bit of spontaneity? A bit of passion? Hold her in your arms and look into her eyes. She will know instinctively that you want to kiss her. You shouldn't have to utter a single word.
(edited 7 years ago)
What about saying something like "Let's make out" rather than asking "Can we make out?". It would probably come across more confident and more attractive, but obviously don't force anything and make sure you're pretty certain the girl would be up for kissing.
Reply 14
I could understand you asking her permission before the first time you ever kissed her. But you are in a relationship with her. Why would you ask her every time you wanted to kiss her , her permission? Ever heard of a bit of spontaneity? A bit of passion? Hold her in your arms and look into her eyes. She will know instinctively that you want to kiss her. You shouldn't have to utter a single word.

Yeah good advice. You sound like some hopeless romantic.
Yeah good advice. You sound like some hopeless romantic.

No i'm not. I'm a 48 year old woman who has probably had more relationships in her life than the OP. Only once have I ever experienced a man asking if he could kiss me. He had been a friend of my son's father who had died a few weeks earlier. He had been helping me out with things and we had become close. He asked me if he could kiss me and I said yes. Seeing how up until that point we had just been friends it was perfectly right that he ask. He may have asked me the second time too, I can't remember. But he didn't have to keep asking over and over again after that. We were seeing each other after that.
No i'm not. I'm a 48 year old woman who has probably had more relationships in her life than the OP. Only once have I ever experienced a man asking if he could kiss me. He had been a friend of my son's father who had died a few weeks earlier. He had been helping me out with things and we had become close. He asked me if he could kiss me and I said yes. Seeing how up until that point we had just been friends it was perfectly right that he ask. He may have asked me the second time too, I can't remember. But he didn't have to keep asking over and over again after that. We were seeing each other after that.

well, this is a new generation
Reply 17

Yes definitely!!

Interesting story. But I am a hopeless romantic.

No shame in admitting it.:tongue:
Lol don't ask, just plant one on her. If she backs out then there's your answer, if not she likes it. Then escalate from there :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes definitely!!

Interesting story. But I am a hopeless romantic.

No shame in admitting it.:tongue:

Unfortunately, your outward demeanour appears to be that of 'hopeless pathetic'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending