The Student Room Group

6.5 in IELTS Cambridge

I've done IELTS for the first time and even though I got an 8 overall I only got a 6.5 for writing and I feel it was due to my handwriting because the exam went really well and during the reading an examiner came to tell me to write the reading and speaking in capital letters. I'm applying for engineering next year , so should I get a remark ?
Reply 1
Definitely! Go for it! Maybe you get lucky and your examiner can understand your handwriting!

Nice overall score tho !

P.S. I am doing IB and I am an international student should I do IELTS?!
Reply 2
Original post by BioOx
Definitely! Go for it! Maybe you get lucky and your examiner can understand your handwriting!

Nice overall score tho !

P.S. I am doing IB and I am an international student should I do IELTS?!

IELTS is usually asked for to ensure your proficiency in English. If you applied for college/uni's and they didn't ask for it then you're fine. You can always take it if you need to but it costs money and is only useable for 2 years. So I would only take it if requested
Reply 3
Original post by ertzgrand
I've done IELTS for the first time and even though I got an 8 overall I only got a 6.5 for writing and I feel it was due to my handwriting because the exam went really well and during the reading an examiner came to tell me to write the reading and speaking in capital letters. I'm applying for engineering next year , so should I get a remark ?

I would check with Cambridge if they would accept the score with it only being 0.5 off on one section. You can try getting it remarked but the score may not change as it may not have been your handwriting but rather something like spelling or you simply not writing something they wanted you to write about.
Reply 4
Original post by Devify
I would check with Cambridge if they would accept the score with it only being 0.5 off on one section. You can try getting it remarked but the score may not change as it may not have been your handwriting but rather something like spelling or you simply not writing something they wanted you to write about.

Oxford and Cambridge are really strict when regarding English lang requirements!
I've seen a bunch of people being rejected because of that 0.5 points despite nailing their A2 or IB

You may repeat it (you have still time) or remark it!
Reply 5
Thanks I'll contact cambridge or try to get a remark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending