The Student Room Group

Girlfriend keeps leaving the fridge door open

I've been with my gf for a while now and things have been going really great. We both love each other and we've moved in together

However she's always had this really annoying habit of leaving the fridge door wide open.
Last week, during the heatwave I bought some ice creams. When I went to go get one from the fridge, I found the door wide open and water everywhere. When I took the ice cream out of the box, it had melted :frown:
I brought this up with her and she told me that i should just drink the liquid ice cream.

What do I do guys? I love her but i can't see us getting past this fridge door issue :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Zargabaath
I've been with my gf for a while now and things have been going really great. We both love each other and we've moved in together

However she's always had this really annoying habit of leaving the fridge door wide open.
Last week, during the heatwave I bought some ice creams. When I went to go get one from the fridge, I found the door wide open and water everywhere. When I took the ice cream out of the box, it had melted :frown:
I brought this up with her and she told me that i should just drink the liquid ice cream.

What do I do guys? I love her but i can't see us getting past this fridge door issue :s-smilie:

Break up with her.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Break up with her.

Spoiler

Seeing as this is the only advice, I'll make sure to dump her for this :yep:
You keep icecreams in the fridge?
Reply 4
Original post by dean01234
You keep icecreams in the fridge?

Fridge/freezer. One unit with 2 doors and 2 sections.

She leaves both of them open at once sometimes :frown:
OP's minimilk melted :teehee:
Reply 6
Original post by Atlas Thugged
OP's minimilk melted :teehee:

They were cornettos actually :hand:

1) Why are you putting ice cream in the fridge? It's going to melt unless it's in the freezer.
2) You need to sit down with her and have a mature conversation about this. Tell her that you love her, but if you're going to live together there need to be basic house rules that you both adhere to.
Reply 8
Original post by Platopus
1) Why are you putting ice cream in the fridge? It's going to melt unless it's in the freezer.
2) You need to sit down with her and have a mature conversation about this. Tell her that you love her, but if you're going to live together there need to be basic house rules that you both adhere to.

It's a fridge/freezer :angry:
I think I should just break up with her like the first person said :yep:
It's a fridge/freezer :angry:
I think I should just break up with her like the first person said :yep:

If you are considering breaking up with her over this, then clearly the relationship is not working out. It's probably better to break up with her now than let it drag on towards its inevitable end.
Reply 10
Is she good at Maths?
I find it really odd that she doesn't grasp such a basic daily habit...I can understand accidentally doing it once or twice but the fact she keeps doing it is really bizarre and careless. Is she irresponsible and incompetent in other ways? Explain to her the purpose of what a fridge is actually for..Maybe she's just quite young for her age and doesn't have many life skills yet.
If you are considering breaking up with her over this, then clearly the relationship is not working out. It's probably better to break up with her now than let it drag on towards its inevitable end.

Everything else is great, I just don't see a way past this :frown:
Hhhhahahahhahaha think this post was inspired by another trending thread.... 😆:wink:
Reply 14
Break up with her. No use crying over warm milk.
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
give her the parents speech and tell her she's wasting electricity. Tell her how much it cost to leave the fridgerator door open. I really am doubting this, your girlfriend leaves the refrigerator and freezer door open. No one does that and it doesn't make any sense.
What ungrateful horrible who*e.

Break up with her stright away
Original post by emobambam
give her the parents speech and tell her she's wasting electricity. Tell her how much it cost to leave the fridgerator door open. I really am doubting this, your girlfriend leaves the refrigerator and freezer door open. No one does that and it doesn't make any sense.

Haha this is what my mum does every time I leave the fridge door open for even 1 minute. By this time, I'm so well trained that I shut it in between putting different items of shopping in.

Everything else is great, I just don't see a way past this :frown:

In that case, you clearly don't love her enough for the relationship to work. If you did, you wouldn't consider an argument over the fridge a basis for breaking up. Also, her attitude does demonstrate an unwillingness to compromise and general selfishness which really aren't very nice.
Is this girlfriend real? :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending