The Student Room Group

2 months wage (full time). Will I be taxed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RichardR21
Hi there!?
I'm working 2 months full time over summer, doing 35+ hours each week.
The first month I only did around 3 weeks work as I joined late so obviously I didn't get a full wage (£860-ish).
However this month I will have done a full month and also got commission which I am expecting to get around £1200/£1300 (inc.commsion). That will be my last wage as I go on holiday and back to uni again and working part time (6-12hours weekly).

Do you think I'll get taxed for this months wage? Baring in mind it's my first ever proper wage!!!

You will get charged some NI (national insurance) however that is very minimal and thanks to David Cameron's government you do not pay tax unless you earn over £11,000
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by niteninja1
You will get charged some NI (national insurance) however that is very minimal and thanks to David Cameron's government you do not pay tax unless you earn over £11,000

Just spoke to Hm revenue. Because I haven't handed my P45 to my new employer I probably will pay emergency tax but I can claim that back within my next month wage
Surely the company you work for should sort it out (but I don't know the size of the company you work for)
Original post by niteninja1
Surely the company you work for should sort it out (but I don't know the size of the company you work for)

You would think so wouldn't you?! Diabolical.
It's quite a big company as well ! Oh well!
Guess you learn the hard way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending