The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Optimistsan98
Can't believe it's just 19 days. I can remember the days of revising frantically looool

Kind of miss revision, at least it gave me something to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smegsxo
Kind of miss revision, at least it gave me something to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saaaame...and I am taking a gap year looool.
Original post by usycool1
Yeah, apparently I sound quite posh now... :dry:

But if you wanted to, could you still speak with that accent? :biggrin:
Original post by Aph
Why not insurance?

I personally don't even have an insurance XD
It's not that I look down on other universities, but after all that hard work and years of practising I kind of don't want to go anywhere else other than Oxford. People said I was crazy I firmed an A*A*A offer without an insurance, but hey. It motivated me to revise :smile:
Reply 1644
I'm
Original post by lawlieto
I personally don't even have an insurance XD
It's not that I look down on other universities, but after all that hard work and years of practising I kind of don't want to go anywhere else other than Oxford. People said I was crazy I firmed an A*A*A offer without an insurance, but hey. It motivated me to revise :smile:

I agree that you are crazy...
Original post by Aph
Why not insurance?

Don't think I want to go to my insurance, so if I miss out on my firm then idk what I'll do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1646
Original post by Altun63
Don't think I want to go to my insurance, so if I miss out on my firm then idk what I'll do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could call them up and ask to be released ONLY if you are sure you don't want to go there.
Just look up possibilities for clearing?
Original post by Aph
You could call them up and ask to be released ONLY if you are sure you don't want to go there.
Just look up possibilities for clearing?

I signed up to that recent UCAS clearing which was emailed to me but I'll have to cancel insurance before I'm eligible to use it.

Do you think there's a possibility they may refuse to scrap my application for the purpose of shortages on students? As silly as it may sound aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1648
Original post by Altun63
I signed up to that recent UCAS clearing which was emailed to me but I'll have to cancel insurance before I'm eligible to use it.

Do you think there's a possibility they may refuse to scrap my application for the purpose of shortages on students? As silly as it may sound aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely not. They won't make you go if you are going to hate it.
Original post by Altun63

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a possibility, yes and I know of someone last year who wasn't released. It is rare, however.
There is a possibility, yes and I know of someone last year who wasn't released. It is rare, however.

Which university/course was that?
Reply 1651

Surely that's unenforceable???
Original post by Altun63

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in this exact position. What's your insurance and for which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marioman
Which university/course was that?

I don't know - I was told about it in a UCAS meeting thing a few weeks ago and they refused to say.*

Original post by Aph
Surely that's unenforceable???

I don't think they can make them go to that Uni as such, but it means they can't enter clearing either from what I understand.
Reply 1654
I don't know - I was told about it in a UCAS meeting thing a few weeks ago and they refused to say.*

I don't think they can make them go to that Uni as such, but it means they can't enter clearing either from what I understand.

Yeah, it seems more spiteful than anything else. Unless they can make you still pay the £9k a year dispite not going?
Original post by Peppercrunch
what the heck are you talking about :colonhash:?

looooool i got some aswell
Original post by fefssdf
I'd like to know how teachers react when getting the students results like if they ***** about that kid they knew was gonna fail ect ; would be interesting to see what goes on

I've always wondered that too, do they go to the other teacher like, "Look at this, Bill! Tom got an E! Where's that fiver we bet on?!" :biggrin:
Original post by StudentInSociety
I've always wondered that too, do they go to the other teacher like, "Look at this, Bill! Tom got an E! Where's that fiver we bet on?!" :biggrin:

yhhhhh trust me I bet teachers have lots of banter surrounding results especially when its some gcse grade which really doesn't matter, and yh i wanna go into teaching and i will try and place some bets hahahahah . I do think sometimes teachers are a bit clueless as to what results their students are actually going to get cause you can't really tell who revises outside of lessons ect so i bet they get quite a few surprise grades appearing and realise they judged a student wrong
Original post by Aph
Yeah, it seems more spiteful than anything else. Unless they can make you still pay the £9k a year dispite not going?

Pretty sure that's illegal.
Original post by Aph

Original post by Pato1
Pretty sure that's illegal.

They can't do that because you're legally bound to pay £9k to the uni you'll physically be studying at. If you dont end up going to that uni then student finance can transfer the money to whichever uni you end up in :smile:

Also you can claim that £9k back if they have taken it by mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest