The Student Room Group

French Muslims refuse to bury terrorists

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/muslims-refuse-bury-priest-killer-kermiche-084800579.html

Muslims from the French community near where the priest was murdered this week are saying they refuse to bury one of the terrorists.

What do we think of this? Is it right to refuse terrorists a burial the way they want?

I think this is fantastic.

Scroll to see replies

Wow. I mean that's an effective counter-terrorist narrative if ever I saw one.

Don't get radicalised, guys- or you won't get a cool funeral when you're dead.
That's a really good idea, it will teach other would-be terrorists how much the community hates them.
They should cremate the corpses. Less burial space wasted on them.

It's also really nice to see them being openly rejected by the muslim community. Gj
Reply 4
Let their families bury them themselves if they're up for it? Or cremate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
put them through a meat grinder
Original post by Trinculo

This posts shows a lack of understanding of Islamic conventions. A funeral is integral for all Muslims, one attended by many people is believed to give you a greater chance of reaching heaven. By showing terrorists that they'll be denied this, it can, in theory, act as a deterrent. But hey, why let facts cloud your anti-Muslim agenda?
Good move.
I think turning terrorist's bodies into pig feed would be a highly effective deterrent!

Too far?
Reply 9
Original post by TelAviv
I think turning terrorist's bodies into pig feed would be a highly effective deterrent!

Too far?

I would prefer feeding them to whatever fascinating creature you have on your profile picture.
Original post by 1010marina
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/muslims-refuse-bury-priest-killer-kermiche-084800579.html

Muslims from the French community near where the priest was murdered this week are saying they refuse to bury one of the terrorists.

What do we think of this? Is it right to refuse terrorists a burial the way they want?

I think this is fantastic.

This is the key quote I took away from the article: "One of the attackers replied: "Peace, it's what we want ... as long as there are bombs on Syria, we will continue our attacks. And they will happen every day. When you stop, we will stop."

It appears as though this was not carried out in the name of Islam. None the less, I'm glad the muslim community are being so strong and upfront about this. Everytime..something like this happens I hear the far right saying "why don't they protest? Why don't do the do anything?". Well that's the biggest statement you're going to get.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Themini
It appears as though this was not carried out in the name of Islam.

Either way, it shows Europe should probably keep Syrian people at arm's length, or under close surveilance.
Reply 12
Well done them!
Original post by MildredMalone
Either way, it shows Europe should probably keep Syrian people at arm's length, or under close surveilance.

They do that anyway...They keep tabs on everyone. What Europe needs to do is prevent ghettoization and friction from "us vs them" ideologies. Frankly enough isn't being done about integration (if any). The two cultures are worlds apart, but that's not the issue. People fleeing war have seen and had to do horrible things, they could be showing passive signs of PTSD and other traumatic disorders.
Original post by Trinculo

"Muslims need to start condemning these terrorist attacks"

*muslims condemn terrorist attacks*

"Wow, well that isn't gonna stop terrorism is it??????????????????"
Good, they need to distance themselves.
Its great to hear these kinda stories.
There probably just trying to get the French public on side by refusing to bury a man who slit an elderly priests throat.
Reply 18
Original post by MildredMalone
The Islamic concept of ummah means that any harm or attack done to one, is done to all.

Odd though, that it doesn't work the other way around.
That any harm or attack done by one is done by all.

Pretty convenient!
And yet they still seem to be mainly concerned about not wanting to "taint Islam".It shows there more concerned with Islams reputation than anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending