The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Thread Mark l : DISCUSSION :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ciel.
Don't worry, I've no intention of revealing any real details :wink: what did you find out btw?

What Hermione is now. Which threw me a bit. Don't think she would have gone for that!
Original post by Fireplace123
Ah I'm so excited!
Pre ordered the book from amazon- hopefully it'll come on Sunday!

more tickets are going to become available and sadly i simply cannot afford the rocket high prices and it breaks my heart

So did I! I can't wait till it's delivered:biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by Airmed
What Hermione is now. Which threw me a bit. Don't think she would have gone for that!

Oh.. this is really nothing comparing to the rest of the plot........
Reply 23
Original post by Ciel.
Oh.. this is really nothing comparing to the rest of the plot........

Shush, shush! I know the kids' Sorting too.
Reply 24
Original post by Airmed
Shush, shush! I know the kids' Sorting too.

Im afraid that there's something much, much more sinister awaiting........ :giggle: But I will not spoil it for you lol
The play was amazing btw. I'm so glad I watched it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bizzy_penguin

OMG OMG. WHY WAS i NOT INFORMED, I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. I CANT STOP CRYING, LIFE IS SO BEAUTIFUL.
Original post by Ciel.
Im afraid that there's something much, much more sinister awaiting........ :giggle: But I will not spoil it for you lol

Would you tell me?:flutter: I don't want to read the script or see the play, but I'd like to know what the plot is.
Reply 28
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Would you tell me?:flutter: I don't want to read the script or see the play, but I'd like to know what the plot is.

PMed you.
Reply 29
Original post by Ciel.
PMed you.

As for part 2 just google cursed child spoilers reddit
jesus wept, I have been reading the reddit spoilers and this plot seems like utter madness......no way am I considering it canon! JK has retoconned a lot of stuff
Reply 31
I walked under the M1 near where I work and this sign appeared
Image089 (2).jpg
Reply 32
It really did feel like I was reading a HP fan fiction. I laughed at the big reveal, it's such a weird idea. :rofl:
Hmmmm it seems so farfetched and I know in a play it might work but reading it there just didn't seem like enough detail or context for it to seem realistic! I mean it does really seem like fan fiction..

I'll be honest, I wrote a fan fiction about HP a few years ago where Voldemort had a daughter, but she was also the granddaughter of Dumbledore so atleast they didn't get as farfetched as 13 year old me :smile:

P.S My fan fiction was awesome.
Reply 35
Original post by neal95
jesus wept, I have been reading the reddit spoilers and this plot seems like utter madness......no way am I considering it canon! JK has retoconned a lot of stuff

It has spoilt at least two characters for me, and also going back and looking at the 7th film is interesting now.
Original post by Sorani
It has spoilt at least two characters for me, and also going back and looking at the 7th film is interesting now.

It's just annoying like there is a lot of flaws in the logic especially if you read HBP and go back to earlier book passages in book 5! Plus the whole cliched story it was just weird and definitely Dosent make sense to make 1 of those characters as they did!
Reply 37
Original post by neal95
It's just annoying like there is a lot of flaws in the logic especially if you read HBP and go back to earlier book passages in book 5! Plus the whole cliched story it was just weird and definitely Dosent make sense to make 1 of those characters as they did!

As you say, it's a complete retcon, there's no evidence behind half the stuff going on and it's a pity because it's a very amateur thing to do as a writer.
2/3 of the way through and I am really disappointed. Don't like this story at all.

Update: I finished it and I hate it. Why on Earth did JK put her name to this tripe?
(edited 7 years ago)
Well, I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a potterhead who desperately craves for something hp related, but even though I know it's not the book of the year, I loved it ! I'm used to fanfictions and I must admit it made me think of one, but if it had been, I would have thought it was a good one. The plot may seem a bit farfetched to some people, and yes there are flaws, but I feel like if it had been a novel, there would have been more details. And once again, it conveyed a simple but efficient message. Definitely worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending