The Student Room Group

driving test at different centre

currently have a test at the end of september but am ready to pass now. impossible to find a cancellation in my current centre, there is one about 25 minutes away that has availiblity from next week. would i be possible to learn an area in a week if i went out driving with my parents?
Reply 1
Did your instructor tell you that you're ready to pass now?

In my opinion, it's best not to rush it. Get as much experience as you can between now and September, there's no point putting pressure on yourself and making it more difficult by rushing it.
Original post by tom476zf
currently have a test at the end of september but am ready to pass now. impossible to find a cancellation in my current centre, there is one about 25 minutes away that has availiblity from next week. would i be possible to learn an area in a week if i went out driving with my parents?

I'm in the same position as you as mine is also in September which is a long time. But I'd rather get more and more practice driving in different areas in case things do go absolutely wrong on the day!
Reply 3
Original post by Boreism
I'm in the same position as you as mine is also in September which is a long time. But I'd rather get more and more practice driving in different areas in case things do go absolutely wrong on the day!

hi got fed up in the end and just decided to book in another centre! hopefully i'll be able to learn the area in around a week aahaha
I did that. I knew the area kind of as my bf lives there. Took me 3 tries to pass my test and failed once because I was confused at some traffic lights and didn't know the area. If you can drive around a bit there first then do. I printed some old test routes out from online and had about 5 lessons in the new area and did the test routes and drove with my parents quite a lot. As long as you can drive you should be okay :smile: it was a massive change too from country lanes to massive motorway roundabouts and city style driving
Original post by tom476zf
hi got fed up in the end and just decided to book in another centre! hopefully i'll be able to learn the area in around a week aahaha

Please let me know how it goes :smile:

By the way where do you live, it sounds like you can have access to different driving test centres? :confused:
Reply 6
Original post by Boreism
Please let me know how it goes :smile:

By the way where do you live, it sounds like you can have access to different driving test centres? :confused:

i live in the fareham area so have access to lee on solent and portsmouth centres :smile:

and will let you know how it goes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending