The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z_o_e
Interior is (n-2)*180

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the sum, but you can directly calculate the size of the interior angles and use it to find the number of sides.
Reply 441
Original post by B_9710
That's the sum, but you can directly calculate the size of the interior angles and use it to find the number of sides.

What's the method to finding interior angles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
What's the method to finding interior angles?

Posted from TSR Mobile

image.jpg
You can fins the interior angle of tile A from this diagram and so can find the number of sides of tile A.
Reply 443
Original post by B_9710
image.jpg
You can fins the interior angle of tile A from this diagram and so can find the number of sides of tile A.

I got 120
Angles should add to 360 degrees, so you should get 150 degrees.
Original post by z_o_e
I got 120
If you split the angle, then you get 30 degrees inside, and then because angles on a straight line add to 180 degrees, you would get 150 degrees :h:

You have to split the angle because, it has to be a STRAIGHT line :biggrin: I know it's complicated but once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 446
Original post by hamza772000
If you split the angle, then you get 30 degrees inside, and then because angles on a straight line add to 180 degrees, you would get 150 degrees :h:

You have to split the angle because, it has to be a STRAIGHT line :biggrin: I know it's complicated but once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine :smile:

Yasss got it.

What do I do after that?
Original post by z_o_e
Yasss got it.

What do I do after that?

You may be able to spot that the angle that is 30 degrees is actually the exterior angle of the polygon tile A.
Original post by z_o_e
Yasss got it.

What do I do after that?
YAY! :biggrin:
Ok, so now you have the interior angle. :smile:

btw, you didn't need the interior angle :tongue: but it's good to have it because it makes it easier to understand how you got the exterior angle :smile:

Ok, so the for mula for the exterior angle is 360/number of sides.

You know that the exterior is 30 degrees, so you can rearrange the formula. So to get the number of sides the formula becomes 360/30, which equals to 12, so tile A has 12 sides :smile:

Here :
Reply 449

btw, you didn't need the interior angle :tongue: but it's good to have it because it makes it easier to understand how you got the exterior angle :smile:

You know that the exterior is 30 degrees, so you can rearrange the formula. So to get the number of sides the formula becomes 360/30, which equals to 12, so tile A has 12 sides :smile:

Here :

So sorry. But just want to say I'd like to find the answer out myself as I'm trying to learn :/ and this prevents me from putting in my effort.
Original post by z_o_e
So sorry. But just want to say I'd like to find the answer out myself as I'm trying to learn :/ and this prevents me from putting in my effort.
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that, won't make this mistake in the future, I sincerely apologise. :frown:

sorry, i can't hep then. i am your age but currently doing the old gcse, as i am igcse.
Reply 452
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that, won't make this mistake in the future, I sincerely apologise. :frown:

It's fine x Thanks xx
Original post by z_o_e
It's fine x Thanks xx
Thanks for understanding :smile:

No worries :smile:
Reply 454

For this do I find the exterior angle and subtract that from 360?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
For this do I find the exterior angle and subtract that from 360?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, think again :smile:
Reply 456

Here :

Where did you get the 30 from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Where did you get the 30 from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the interior is 150, then the exterior would be......? :smile:
Reply 458
If the interior is 150, then the exterior would be......? :smile:

I don't understand.

L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I don't understand.

L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, but remember I told you if you SPLIT the angle in Tile B, you get the exterior angle of Tile A.

Quick Reply

Latest