The Student Room Group

Why are people nowadays so..... antisocial?

Why are people nowadays so..... antisocial? All my friends just go to every party every week and just get completely drunk and i don't do that stuff but i feel really left out when all my friends go without me. I'm the sort of guy who'd rather just hang out with someone in a park/field and just talk and eat some pizza or something but everyone just laughs at me when i say that's how i like to stay with people. I'm 17 btw. Is this me being weird or do others understand me too? What should i do?
I don't think what you said qualifies as antisocial. Everyone is different. You can always make new friends but that doesn't mean you should abandon your current friends. You like to party.. they don't. There are other people out there like you and they're probably at the park so go out and meet them.
IKR
More people aren't anti-social, they're just more open about it now as it seems to be the thing that's 'in'.
I wouldn't say that what your friends like to do is "antisocial" tbh..
MY friends are what you'd call antisocial... they just "vanish" as soon as its the holidays and they dont even bother replying to messages until the first week of September when they need me again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh im the same as you OP
I dont like big social outings!
Having a quiet evening with a couple of friends is much more enjoyable!
Original post by julesaquilina
Why are people nowadays so..... antisocial? All my friends just go to every party every week and just get completely drunk and i don't do that stuff but i feel really left out when all my friends go without me. I'm the sort of guy who'd rather just hang out with someone in a park/field and just talk and eat some pizza or something but everyone just laughs at me when i say that's how i like to stay with people. I'm 17 btw. Is this me being weird or do others understand me too? What should i do?

you need to hang around with people of your type (introverts)
I do exactly the same as OP, apart from on my own and in my bedroom.
Original post by theBranicAc
you need to hang around with people of your type (introverts)

You don't have to necessarily just be with other introverts. All my good friends are extroverts. Introverts don't always bond with other introverts.
Original post by ColossalAtom
You don't have to necessarily just be with other introverts. All my good friends are extroverts. Introverts don't always bond with other introverts.

year your friendship may not last for long...
Original post by theBranicAc
year your friendship may not last for long...

Been mates with them since year 3. Not all extroverts are out to destroy an introvert's natural habitat.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Been mates with them since year 3. Not all extroverts are out to destroy an introvert's natural habitat.

things change yanno
im not trying to be all negative, but dont always expect everything to work out for you
Well at least you have those friends that acc like to have fun unlike mine can't even stick to plans /:
From experience people are annoying and they create pointless drama so my friends and I stay out of it by being anti social. A lot of the time in college we stay in our groups and don't really bother with other people.
Reply 15
Go the parties and do the talking you enjoy at the start of the evening. When everyone else is too drunk to be interesting, leave.

As you get older, the time when people are still interesting increases as a proportion of the evening (people drink less and become more comfortable with themselves), until before you know it you're one of the last to leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending