The Student Room Group

Which GCSE subject takes the 'GCSE Colouring' crown?

What paper for what subject has the most colouring / Shading/sketching???

The ones I think of:
Geography
Resistant Materials
Maths
Art :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Pens&Papers
Art :tongue:

Does art have a paper?
Surprisingly, GCSE Geography for me had barely any colouring. Same with AS and A2.

Also - in geography exam papers, there's no colouring in sadly. Although, I have to admit that you have to draw diagrams for some questions, though I think there was only one diagram question in my GCSE Geography paper.

Art GCSE was all coursework I believe.
Reply 4
Maths
Geography isn't really about colouring in. It's about having things coloured in for you which you then have to interpret.

You get choropleth-PTSD after a while.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
What paper for what subject has the most colouring / Shading/sketching???

The ones I think of:
Geography
Resistant Materials
Maths

Considering that all papers for all subjects are scanned to be sent to examiners electronically, literally all GCSE subjects are mostly done in traditional, black ink. However, prior to GCSE, such as Year 9, biology and geography had the most colouring in. I can't tell you how many times we had to colour and label all the different organs of each organ system, or colour and label rivers, countries, mountains in those subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I personally think the whole Geography and colouring in thing is just offensive and is rude. On my GCSE paper, didn't have to draw one diagram or colour in. People enjoy stereotyping it that way but forget about the case studies and piles of information you need to learn. Although you need to know sketches to assist In explanations, it is NOT colouring in and should be treated as a much better subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
one and only

Spoiler

Graphics. I had to colour in a bloody toy train. No one ever taught me how to colour in the 'texture of foam'!
Reply 10
My Aqa GCSE geography coursework was basically a colouring exercise with a short essay thrown in to remind the examiner it want an art GCSE.
I still haven't found where the colouring in maths is...
Graphics students always seem to be colouring something but that's probably not in the paper
We definitely have a fair amount in electronics papers but I would say history...because you don't understand the sources so you end up colouring them in!
Reply 12
Original post by chemistrynerd13
I personally think the whole Geography and colouring in thing is just offensive and is rude. On my GCSE paper, didn't have to draw one diagram or colour in. People enjoy stereotyping it that way but forget about the case studies and piles of information you need to learn. Although you need to know sketches to assist In explanations, it is NOT colouring in and should be treated as a much better subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yeah to be fair you have to cut and stick sheets as well.
Resistant materials was crap felt like it was art, I didn't sign up to do art!!

Quick Reply

Latest