The Student Room Group

What does an edexcel GCSE results slip look like?

I would appreciate it if someone could scan in and post an image of their result slip that they got from edexcel on results day. I want to know exactly how its layed out.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jack_Tomlin
I would appreciate it if someone could scan in and post an image of their result slip that they got from edexcel on results day. I want to know exactly how its layed out.

Hi, there is no edexcel sheet as such. All grades are just on one sheet.
Reply 2
Original post by ad4m
Hi, there is no edexcel sheet as such. All grades are just on one sheet.

ok do you have one that i could see?
Reply 3
So he wants the layout of the results sheet. Cool.
Reply 4
ok do you have one that i could see?

Yeah I can scan my y10 one through if you'd like?
Reply 5
Original post by ad4m
Yeah I can scan my y10 one through if you'd like?

that would be good thanks
Reply 6
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469906486.034494.jpg

hope this helps! as a side note business studies got remarked to an A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Man you did good!

Original post by ad4m

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thanks that was quick!

Original post by ad4m

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ak143244
Man you did good!

Thanks. Did resists in Maths and English Lang for 2016 as want A* in maths and A in English :smile:
Reply 10
Thanks that was quick!

So do you see the marks as well for each science?
Reply 11
So do you see the marks as well for each science?

Yeah, you will see individual marks for all scaled qualifications (those that use UMS), the UMS marks are the ones that are displayed. But for linear ones (maths and english language in this case) you just see your grade. However, my teacher was able to tell me there and then I was 2 marks off an A for English!
Reply 12
Original post by ad4m
Yeah, you will see individual marks for all scaled qualifications (those that use UMS), the UMS marks are the ones that are displayed. But for linear ones (maths and english language in this case) you just see your grade. However, my teacher was able to tell me there and then I was 2 marks off an A for English!

So do I see the actual mark or ums? If its the ums then do I have to convert it and how would I do it?
Reply 13
So do I see the actual mark or ums? If its the ums then do I have to convert it and how would I do it?

UMS. All major exam boards will have converters on their sites and your teachers will also have your marks. AQA, OCR, Edexcel and WJECs can be found on their sites.
Reply 14
Original post by ad4m
UMS. All major exam boards will have converters on their sites and your teachers will also have your marks. AQA, OCR, Edexcel and WJECs can be found on their sites.

Oh why can't they just give us the marks straight away rather than leaving us in more suspense
Reply 15
Hi, yeah I did these in Year 10. I did Physics this year and really hoping for an A* but would be happy with an A as it is regarded as the hardest one to get a high grade in!
Reply 16
Oh why can't they just give us the marks straight away rather than leaving us in more suspense

Because UMS marks are needed to be put against the scaled boundaries you see next to the actual grades. For example, biology added to be 328, 320 = A and 360 = A*. If you added the raw marks, something like 40 + 45 + 39 = 124, this would not be representative. As in the B1B2B3 mark will not represent the 35% of the mark that it is supposed to. It is very easy to use the converters on the sites so you can do it as soon as you get home :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ad4m
Hi, yeah I did these in Year 10. I did Physics this year and really hoping for an A* but would be happy with an A as it is regarded as the hardest one to get a high grade in!

So when I get my results in August can I ask for information about where I lost marks can the exams officer print something off for me?
Reply 18
Yeah doing Maths, Chemistry, Physics and English Lit. What are you doing?
Reply 19
So when I get my results in August can I ask for information about where I lost marks can the exams officer print something off for me?

You can usually get a breakdown of marks per question. However, these don't normally come in until a bit after results day.

Quick Reply

Latest