The Student Room Group

attractions you recommend in barcelona?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Couldn't say for sure as I tend to go out of season (my son lives there) but they do have very long lunch breaks when it looks like nothing is ever going to open again. If jewellery is your thing, this
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187497-d2076559-Reviews-La_Basilica_Galeria-Barcelona_Catalonia.html
is the most astonishing shop I have ever been in (and I've been in quite a few....)

looks crazy expensive!!
is it ?
Original post by shawtyb
looks crazy expensive!!
is it ?

Oh yes, it is absurdly expensive, but if you treat it like an art gallery, it's fine. The owners are very nice and leave you alone, and you can be there for hours.

I appreciate this may not be everyone's idea of fun....:redface:
Reply 22
La Sagrada Familia
Montserrat Monestary
Port Aventura
Juan Muro Art Museum
and of course, Barcelona city centre & beaches :smile: it's so beautiful there

Posted from TSR Mobile
La Rambla - beware of pick pockets though. Camp Nou if you are into football. cable cars fantastic views but way to short , beach and the gothic quarter if you like that sort of thing. Enjoy your break.*:smile:
Original post by shawtyb
yea we plan on going here. it reminds me of a gingerbread house lol

Not a bad comparison, I will give you that. Are you planning to go to the church Segrada familia too?*
Reply 25
Oh yes, it is absurdly expensive, but if you treat it like an art gallery, it's fine. The owners are very nice and leave you alone, and you can be there for hours.

looks it lol but its worth a look around :smile:

Original post by ceilele
La Sagrada Familia
Montserrat Monestary
Port Aventura
Juan Muro Art Museum

Posted from TSR Mobile

we plan on doing this :smile: whats port aventura?

Original post by Simonthegreat
La Rambla - beware of pick pockets though. Camp Nou if you are into football. cable cars fantastic views but way to short , beach and the gothic quarter if you like that sort of thing. Enjoy your break.*:smile:

got my pink bumbag at the ready lol.
how long aer the cable cart time lengths?
and thankyou :smile:

Original post by Kallisto
Not a bad comparison, I will give you that. Are you planning to go to the church Segrada familia too?*

we are :smile:
Original post by shawtyb
(...) we are :smile:

Fine. As Barcelona is a town close to the Mediterranean Sea, there are surely nice beaches for bathing. I guess you are going bathing too?*
Reply 27
Fine. As Barcelona is a town close to the Mediterranean Sea, there are surely nice beaches for bathing. I guess you are going bathing too?*

we are yes :smile:
Original post by shawtyb
we are yes :smile:

All right. Although there are more than the named sigthseeings of my own, there are just two things which come into my mind and I would probably visit when spending time in Barcelona. Any aquarium (it is said they should be awesome) and the Camp Nou of Barcelona FC. Just to see the best football team life. One time at least.*
Reply 29
Original post by shawtyb
looks it lol but its worth a look around :smile:

we plan on doing this :smile: whats port aventura?

got my pink bumbag at the ready lol.
how long aer the cable cart time lengths?
and thankyou :smile:

we are :smile:

Port Aventura is a theme park (the best I've ever been to!)
Reply 30
All right. Although there are more than the named sigthseeings of my own, there are just two things which come into my mind and I would probably visit when spending time in Barcelona. Any aquarium (it is said they should be awesome) and the Camp Nou of Barcelona FC. Just to see the best football team life. One time at least.*

we have the aquarium on the list but football isnt our thing so were not going to spend money on something that doesnt interest us :smile:

Original post by ceilele

oh right cool!
were gonna go to tibidio as it is kid friendly and has cable carts leading there :biggrin:
Original post by shawtyb
we have the aquarium on the list but football isnt our thing so were not going to spend money on something that doesnt interest us :smile: (...)

No one could not blame this. I would not spend my money for things in which I am not interest in. I which you a good journey in advance. :smile:
Reply 32
No one could not blame this. I would not spend my money for things in which I am not interest in. I which you a good journey in advance. :smile:

thankyou :smile:
Original post by ceilele

Yep forgot to mentiion that. It is great fun.*
Reply 34

Original post by ceilele
La Sagrada Familia
Montserrat Monestary
Port Aventura
Juan Muro Art Museum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Simonthegreat
Yep forgot to mentiion that. It is great fun.*

as we have so masny places we plan on going, is it suggested to write it down inckuding locations etc?
Original post by shawtyb
as we have so masny places we plan on going, is it suggested to write it down inckuding locations etc?

Depends on how you operate. I believe there is a good city wifi service if you use a smartphone, so you can use maps. There's plenty of sign posts and hotels will give you a tourist map with all the attractions marked on it.
Reply 36
Depends on how you operate. I believe there is a good city wifi service if you use a smartphone, so you can use maps. There's plenty of sign posts and hotels will give you a tourist map with all the attractions marked on it.

oh thats cool!!
will they understand what im saying?
Original post by shawtyb
oh thats cool!!
will they understand what im saying?

EVERYBODY speaks English. It's embarrassing, really.
Reply 38
EVERYBODY speaks English. It's embarrassing, really.

ah thats ok then lol
i know basic spanish but not enough to ask for a tourist map lol
Original post by shawtyb
ah thats ok then lol
i know basic spanish but not enough to ask for a tourist map lol

The hotel staff will speak to you in English. I've stayed in many hotels in Barcelona and they have all had multilingual staff. The locals will know you are a tourist (seriously, they will - they can spot it a mile off) and will start off by speaking in English anyway. It is always nice going somewhere with my son and getting this treatment and seeing their faces when he responds in fluent, locally accented Spanish.

The sign posts everywhere are in 3 languages; Spanish, English and Catalan. Catalan independence is a very hot political issue, and best avoided as a topic of conversation. The locals speak Catalan, but they all also speak Castilian Spanish and certainly won't expect a foreigner to know any of it.

Getting into the city from the airport is very simple on the train, and you really can't get it wrong, plus it's really cheap, as is the metro.

Quick Reply

Latest