The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zlatan's reaction to the Rashford penalty skill was pretty funny also.

Good to see Valencia managing to cross again, let's hope he can keep that up.

Definitely some good signs in that second half from players looking to prove themselves. However preseasons have fooled me once before (i.e. LVG Summer 2014), so still all about that first crucial match against Bournemouth.
Mourinho: 'If these players weren't in my plans I wouldn't give them a single minute. They wouldn't be in my squad.'

Biggest hint yet of who will leave?
Original post by _Morsey_
Mourinho: 'If these players weren't in my plans I wouldn't give them a single minute. They wouldn't be in my squad.'

Biggest hint yet of who will leave?

Fellaini played today...:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
Fellaini played today...:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as it pains me to say it, Fellaini will be a useful bench warmer.
I hope Mou realises that Rooney and Ibra up top isnt a good fit. We looked a much better side with Rashford up front with his pace stretching the game. I'd love to see Ibra in behind Rashford since Ibra seems to drop deep and join in with the play and he could pick out those passes for Rashford to run onto. It'll also create more space for Ibra.

Once Pogba joins :coma:
Original post by _Morsey_
As much as it pains me to say it, Fellaini will be a useful bench warmer.

Well as long as he's not starting that's all that matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Pre-season friendly vs Galatasaray...

Not very sharp thinking pal.

:facepalm2:

I see nothing has changed...
Original post by trapking
:facepalm2:

I see nothing has changed...

Ignore the haters. You do you brah.

Spoiler

The only thing we need now is defensive leadership and cohesion. Neither Blind or Bailly are leaders, so we either continue with moulding Smalling into the leader or we buy one. Bailly looks great individually though, I feel whatever mistakes he makes with positioning (due to youth), he will be able to recover due to his pace and strength.
Original post by Manchester United
The only thing we need now is defensive leadership and cohesion. Neither Blind or Bailly are leaders, so we either continue with moulding Smalling into the leader or we buy one. Bailly looks great individually though, I feel whatever mistakes he makes with positioning (due to youth), he will be able to recover due to his pace and strength.

I like Blind, I would accept him as a leader if I was a CB at United
Blind is the next great Dutch libero
Valencia put his best performance in, well, I can't remember his last good one. I don't think Mourinho will prefer Darmian when he's match-fit, maybe he feels he isn't physically strong enough. But defence looks worrying and you can understand why Mourinho was linked with Matic at the start of the summer but I don't see another defender coming in so he'll have to do with Smalling-Bailly.

He was quite clear on the exits of players - Schweinsteiger will be tough to shift but can only hope a Turkish club fancies taking him on loan but Januzaj should bring in a minimum of £12-£15m I think, CBJ will benefit from going on loan as Blind/Shaw are at LB cover.

Zlatan's reaction to Rashford's run was great but best thing about latter's run was that little bit of skill as he got past the defender, lovely!
Good luck getting pogba hahaha
Forget Ibra, the players I'm most jealous that you have are Rashford and Martial.

Infuriatingly good for their ages...
Original post by ikhan94
Good luck getting pogba hahaha

Good luck getting pogba
Original post by Lúcio
Forget Ibra, the players I'm most jealous that you have are Rashford and Martial.

Infuriatingly good for their ages...

Still though, you must be a bit narked that we got Zlatan for free?
Imagine

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Bailly Shaw
Schneiderlin
Mkhitaryan Pogba
Rashford Zlatan Martial

Would literally steam roll our way to the league
Schneiderin Pogba
Mkhitaryan Mata Martial
Ibra

GOAT
Great to finally know that we have options in attack. Memphis looked a bit more sharper and promising, Lingard seems to have picked up from where he left off last season and Mata continues to show good form so far in preseason.

Schneiderlin Pogba
Miki Ibra Martial
Rashford

Thats what i'd like to see experimented to see how it works out. Carrick seemed to have changed the game yesterday when he came on as well so he could even push Schneiderlin out the starting 11.

So many options :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile
RIP Pogba in all of those formations.

Schneiderlin, Rooney
Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Martial
Ibrahimovic

Latest