The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got rejected this time after scoring 3. I am disappointed , I put a lot of time into this and thought my example was actually good. I literally don't k ow how to improve it.

last time I scored 2
Original post by dbdb
I got rejected this time after scoring 3. I am disappointed , I put a lot of time into this and thought my example was actually good. I literally don't k ow how to improve it.

last time I scored 2

at least we've all improved by 1 score. I'm gutted as well to be honest!*

Well done to everyone who made it*
Reply 22
Unsuccessful. 😕 I'm gutted as scored 97% on test and felt that my competency response was strong. Scored a 3
Reply 23
I scored 3 and I got rejected too. So disappointed but competition must have been fierce! Congratulations to anyone who has passed!!
Reply 24
Original post by sineadmm
i think something is up with this as i also scored 2. passed the last time and got 92% on this test.... i have emailed them as i think a mistake may have been made.

Keep us updated, also received a 2, maybe it's genuine but just a bit odd we all scored the same!
Hi Folks. I have been lurking here for a while. I applied for the position and have just got emailed with a score of 6 and booked my interview. Can anyone give me any advice on how I should prepare? I really really want this. Sorry to hear about people who didn't get through.
Reply 26
Original post by sineadmm
i think something is up with this as i also scored 2. passed the last time and got 92% on this test.... i have emailed them as i think a mistake may have been made.

What email address did you use?
Reply 27
The test is only used an an initial way of filtering the numbers down. It has no bearing on your competency score.
I unsuccessful as well, also scored a 2. I had a feeling my example should have been more specific. So disappointed :-(
Reply 29
Has anyone had an interview for this yet? If so, how did it go? Is it particularly long? :smile:
Reply 30
Has anyone got an interview in Belfast, I have one for next week and am so nervous. Are the qualification requirements strict? I can't find my A-Levels certs and to get replacements will cost £60. I have my HND, and Degree certificates would this be ok? I have the paperwork confirming module marks and overall grade but not the certificates.
Hi

Does anybody know if I need to prepare another answer for "making effective decisions". This was assessed in the application and says it will be assessed in the interview too and I am just wondering whether I need to think of another example

thankyou
No you can use the same example or answer the question hypothetically.
Original post by A.M.B
Has anyone had an interview for this yet? If so, how did it go? Is it particularly long? :smile:

Interview went well (All praise is due to God). Still not had a response but only been 10days-ish yet. Consists of 2 scenario based questions linked to the two competencies:-

- Making Effective Decisions
- Collaborating and Partnering

You can answer using your competency examples or use a hypothetical answer explaining why you would take such actions.

When I arrived, a gentleman came to collect me from the foyer then took me up to a room where there were 2 friendly females sat to collect my documents. I was then taken to the room next door where there were 2 relaxed males. They started by asking me about myself and why I applied for this role. They then advised me of the interview structure. I was then asked each question. When they felt I had stopped answering or run out of things to say they asked prompting questions which I feel helped massively.

Be prepared to answer questions on the spot. Prepare yourself with challenges faced within your competency examples and what you did to overcome the difficult situation to benefit you, your team and the business/agenda as a whole.

Interviewed in Mcr, oh and took no longer than 30mins.

Good Luck :smile:
Original post by sophie_lc
Hi

Does anybody know if I need to prepare another answer for "making effective decisions". This was assessed in the application and says it will be assessed in the interview too and I am just wondering whether I need to think of another example

thankyou

Hi, I prepared and used a second example in my interview. They didn't even seen aware of what I used for the one online. Two trains of thought though with this are;

Either prepare a second one

Or

Use the one that was good enough to get you to interview in the first place

I would go for option one personally but the choice is yours.

Hope this helps
Reply 35
Original post by joejoe18
Has anyone got an interview in Belfast, I have one for next week and am so nervous. Are the qualification requirements strict? I can't find my A-Levels certs and to get replacements will cost £60. I have my HND, and Degree certificates would this be ok? I have the paperwork confirming module marks and overall grade but not the certificates.

I think so long as your HND and Degree cover the minimum English/Maths qualifications you wont need to get a copy of your A Levels.

If in doubt I would check as I don't think you'll be interviewed if you can't show proof of meeting these..
Original post by Smithy29
I think so long as your HND and Degree cover the minimum English/Maths qualifications you wont need to get a copy of your A Levels.

If in doubt I would check as I don't think you'll be interviewed if you can't show proof of meeting these..

They are quite strict. You can get a letter from your school confirming your results and show them proof that you have applied for replacement certs.
You will need the original certs or they will withdraw the offer if you make it through.
Anyone know when results will be out?
Original post by Seentje
Anyone know when results will be out?

Doubt it will be any time soon, best to forget about it for a few months!
Original post by qasim_n
image.pngHey,

Just having a quick look around on the feedback tab and it seems as if they've uploaded the feedback, and it also says "Make An Offer" So I suspect anyone with over 4 4 4 will get the job however it may differ for each location.

And those of you who got a 2 on their feedback, don't worry keep trying! I initially got a 2 in the first HO recruitment drive that they did, and then reapplied to the next one with some minor tweaks and got a 4 which was enough to secure an interview.

And also if anyone would like help on getting a job in HMRC just PM me. I can help with grades from AO-HO.

Kind regards
Qasim

Congrats and thanks for the positive message. I'm so frustrated, i cant even attain a promotion to EO grade (im on two reserve lists at the moment)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending