The Student Room Group

Don't know which job I would like

So anyone got any suggestions for jobs I would like:
Currently I enjoy languages and economics and maths, like working with animals(not sure about that as a job though), like baking(but maybe could get bored if I did it every day), want to help people but not sure that counselling is for me(I get too involved with people's problems and it affects my mood), I also like kids(but again not sure if I'd enjoy that kind of job day in and day out). So really I'm at a blank. One thing's for certain though- no 'office' jobs for me!
Reply 1
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Currently I enjoy languages and economics and maths, like working with animals(not sure about that as a job though), like baking(but maybe could get bored if I did it every day), want to help people but not sure that counselling is for me(I get too involved with people's problems and it affects my mood), I also like kids(but again not sure if I'd enjoy that kind of job day in and day out). So really I'm at a blank. One thing's for certain though- no 'office' jobs for me!

Honestly, it's really hard to tell you a job you will like (you may like a job at first, but then begin to despise it). What I suggest you should do is, if you are planning on going to uni is to go on Prospect and see what job most degrees will lead to; and then maybe to go on YouTube and watching some videos related to those jobs (there are many).
Do you need to worry about jobs now? Are you at school? If so get some work experience to find out what you enjoy. Good luck:smile:

Get informal work experience in all the areas you've listed and try to speak to as many people in each of these areas as possible too.

I wouldn't fully write off office jobs either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your answers guys. Keep them coming please :smile:

You probably won't like any job. Most people arn't massive fans of their jobs.

If you can find a job that you can just about tolerate, you're winning at life, imo.

Better to focus on being happy with family, relationships and living a good life.

SS
Wow thank you! This is really thorough and I'll be sure to do that!
Thanks again. Yeah I know, I take all advice with a pinch of salt, because no-one is a professional :smile: But it was really helpful to hear all those ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending