The Student Room Group

How much of a Feminist are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Roast
Be warned, this is a Buzzfeed quiz. They are notorious for loaded questions.

I got 20/50, which is apparently "in tune" with Feminist issues.

I'm not a Feminist, although I do encourage equal rights between both genders.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamassa1/how-much-of-a-m*******-are-you-930?utm_term=.roBgb640v#.te3QpdAl1

Post your scores below :smile:

Just realised that the link I've posted has the extension:

"/how-much-of-a-m@sshole-are-you"

Is that implying man+@sshole?

Are Buzzfeed being sexist???

The quiz is gone, or the link doesn't work for me. But, I already know that I'm very un-feminist, despite being a woman.
38/50, I think some of questions were a bit vague though
what a load of *******s this quiz is. but then again it is the normal buzzfeed drivel
Reply 23
Original post by Conceited
If you aren't a feminist then you do not support gender equality. It really is that simple.

lol you know full well that feminist is a loaded term with scope that extends far beyond it's dictionary definition, and that to call yourself a feminist necessarily associates you with a movement that consists of far, far more than the support of gender equality (in fact, often its more vocal proponents hardly seem to know what equality means). Don't be so intellectually dishonest.
Be warned, this is a Buzzfeed quiz. They are notorious for loaded questions.

I got 20/50, which is apparently "in tune" with Feminist issues.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamassa1/how-much-of-a-m*******-are-you-930?utm_term=.roBgb640v#.te3QpdAl1

Post your scores below :smile:

Just realised that the link I've posted has the extension:

"/how-much-of-a-m@sshole-are-you"

Is that implying man+@sshole?

Are Buzzfeed being sexist???

25/50

"I'm not single, but I have a girlfriend"

I scored 34/50, but the quiz is the definition of whats wrong with ultra-feminism. I'm a feminist, plain and simple, but numbers 3, 4, 7, 22, 29, 40 and 41 are not feminist. 38 isn't always a feminism issue, like in gay couples (I don't find 11 a feminist issue either). And some of these show just how skewed ultra-feminists believe feminism is, like being able to define stupid things or know who people are.
Feminism is gender equality, you are a feminist if you checked 2 on this quiz. All this quiz is doing is making a mockery of what feminism tries to do.
Reply 26
Page cannot be found.

If you believe in equality between the sexes- you are a feminist :smile: (it is the literal definition, and I'm proud to be one!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Conceited
It's about equal attitudes, opportunities and justice. If you are under the assumption that feminism is anything more than just equality as a whole between the sexes then your greatly mistaken and/or being fed false information.

Everyone who I've spoken to, listened to, read things by, etc., who is big into modern feminism, and not an entirely disagreeable radical, i.e. would call themselves moderate, always seems to concede that feminism operates under the assumption that as a society we hate and devalue femininity and champion masculinity, and that this is the source of the ills of both men and women. There is an inherent bias, a "lens", so to speak, that seems to crop up all the time. There is an idea that women are subjugated by men, or at the very least femininity is subjugated by masculinity, and that we need to bring one up to the level of the other. It inherently leads to the issues of men being devalued relative to those of women. Hence why the unique problems facing males are tackled far less by feminism than the unique problems facing females. I put a more detailed post along these lines the other day; if what I have said seems insufficient I can track that down. If you have a different, genuinely egalitarian perspective, then great, but all the feminist rhetoric I have encountered has this sneaky perceptive bias.
21/50 I'm surprised bc I do advocate equal rights between men and women. However there were some questions however that didn't really relate to judging whether someone is a feminist or not.
Reply 29
Original post by Craig1998
"I'm not single, but I have a girlfriend"

I scored 34/50, but the quiz is the definition of whats wrong with ultra-feminism. I'm a feminist, plain and simple, but numbers 3, 4, 7, 22, 29, 40 and 41 are not feminist. 38 isn't always a feminism issue, like in gay couples (I don't find 11 a feminist issue either). And some of these show just how skewed ultra-feminists believe feminism is, like being able to define stupid things or know who people are.
Feminism is gender equality, you are a feminist if you checked 2 on this quiz. All this quiz is doing is making a mockery of what feminism tries to do.

Well sorry to burst your safe space, I'm not a Feminist.
"You believe a woman should be able to apply for a job if she meets 60% of the criteria"

... I don't get it. No one's restricts you from applying for whatever job you want... it's up the employer to decide whether you're fit for the role surely?

But hey, with 32/50, I'm more of a feminist than I thought I was!
Reply 31
Original post by Another
"You believe a woman should be able to apply for a job if she meets 60% of the criteria"

... I don't get it. No one's restricts you from applying for whatever job you want... it's up the employer to decide whether you're fit for the role surely?

But hey, with 32/50, I'm more of a feminist than I thought I was!

lol I didn't get it either. Like, she should be able to apply if she meets 0% of the criteria. She will get rejected but whatever...
Well sorry to burst your safe space, I'm not a Feminist.

So you don't support gender equality.
Reply 33
So you don't support gender equality.

Of course I do, but I'm not a Feminist.

Spoiler

Of course I do, but I'm not a Feminist.

Spoiler

Feminism is gender equality. The two terms mean the exact same thing.
Reply 35

Cool story.
jhhj.png
Reply 37

This facile dictionary definition argument just will not die, will it. You know full well how much baggage the term has. You know full well that words change over time. You know full well that the feminist movement is so much more complex and convoluted than the notion of gender equality.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
This facile dictionary definition argument just will not die, will it. You know full well how much baggage the term has. You know full well that words change over time. You know full well that the feminist movement is so much more complex and convoluted than the notion of gender equality.

The feminist movement for the most part does support the one key issue of gender equality, there's just a few people, like the one who wrote this buzzfeed quiz, and other tumblr "feminists" who want to try and ruin the name of feminism into something that supports women as greater than men, not equal. This minority shouts louder. I believe this minority is also the reason some people wont associate themselves with the feminist movement, when in fact, all you need to do is support gender equality.

Quick Reply