The Student Room Group

Results day

What is results day like- before, during and after?
Original post by Lucofthewoods
What is results day like- before, during and after?

Very much like any other day, except you open an envelope which contains the power to shape your entire future.

Spoiler

Reply 2
You care SO much about what is in that envelope yet a few hours later and you realise it doesn't really matter that much. its kinda an anticlimax cause you get so worked up and when you do actually get the grades you don't even feel that happy like you're just so relieved that you did alright but then if you do bad you will feel awful for a day and then get over it pretty soon tbh
20 times more stressful than the exams themselves...
I'm soooooooooooo excited. I imagine myself waking up on the day really early and then being really smiley and happy. Will it be like that???
Really depends on which results you are getting. GCSE's are much easier to deal with than A levels because that will affect your uni choice and clearing.*
Original post by AnnemarieV
I'm soooooooooooo excited. I imagine myself waking up on the day really early and then being really smiley and happy. Will it be like that???

You'd need drugs for it to be like that..........
You wake up wondering how unfair it is that your whole future depends completely on how well you do as a teenager.
Reply 8
I'm terrified. I'm supposed to be getting about 10A* and I know I have not achieved that after the exam, it doesn't help that my best friend almost certainly has achieved the same number or more A*s than me has a higher grade point average and all the teachers cooing over him.:colonhash:
Then it gets worse when people say why are you unhappy with that? You beat me. etc.
My blood boils I wasn't in it to beat them I was in it for 15A*s (even though I only took 14 subjects:smile:)
Then there's the question of how badly I have failed the arts. I stupidly took music in my own spare time! I would be so pleased to see an A on my drama and music but a B is more likely for music and a C for Drama.
I don't think I will wake up results day after all.

Quick Reply

Latest