The Student Room Group

Theres something I don't understand about Tsr

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theBranicAc
whys it like 90% of people on tsr, have : no friends, introverted, a nerd, or is a virgin.

I just dont understand why, is this what tsr appeals to for people?

I assumed you were criticising people when this thread itself is a bit silly.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I assumed you were criticising people when this thread itself is a bit silly.

lol you still can not comprehend information?

im not criticising anybody or anything, did i say anything bad them? i am simply pointing out what ive observed on tsr and you cant deny that what i said is true to some extents
lol you still can not comprehend information?

im not criticising anybody or anything, did i say anything bad them? i am simply pointing out what ive observed on tsr and you cant deny that what i said is true to some extents

I have no trouble comprehending information, thank you very much :smile:
And, yep you were, as let's be honest, association with those categories are not exactly seen as the best thing ever in our culture. What can you not understand about that?
I have no trouble comprehending information, thank you very much :smile:
And, yep you were, as let's be honest, association with those categories are not exactly seen as the best thing ever in our culture. What can you not understand about that?

maybe their not the best thing, but did i explicitly or implicitly criticize them or anyone ? i simply made a statment which I wanted to know why the reason was, so stop assuming things
maybe their not the best thing, but did i explicitly or implicitly criticize them or anyone ? i simply made a statment which I wanted to know why the reason was, so stop assuming things

Would it be unfair of me to assume you're perhaps not a 'brainiac'? :h:
Reply 45
whys it like 90% of people on tsr, have : no friends, introverted, a nerd, or is a virgin.

Because most people on here are academics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would it be unfair of me to assume you're perhaps not a 'brainiac'? :h:

lol, its just an online name it doesnt mean shitz
I honestly cannot describe TSR, it is just like hanging around with multiple versions of myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, 90%......
I need some proof about those figures because I highly doubt that man people are in any of those categories.

Secondly, If you have noticed the TSR standards on here are very high (Take a look at the GCSE Expectations thread especially).
In society the clever people (AKA Nerds) don't really get Girls (That's not true all the time, but generally that's the case).

Thirdly, The reason why I'm not ashamed to admit that I have no friends, Never made contact with a girl (yep not any) and love revising is because Alot of people on here are sort of similar to me.

If you want Sex-craved, Non-introverted people then might I suggest Yahoo Answers?
I think it's just a stereotype that gets exaggerated. That, and people are more open about their emotions and insecurities on an anonymous forum like this rather than something like facebook.

why is being a virgin is a bad thing?
Original post by Tom Jickleson
I think it's just a stereotype that gets exaggerated. That, and people are more open about their emotions and insecurities on an anonymous forum like this rather than something like facebook.

I think that the anonymous option invites shyer students and young people to this forum to express more personal things, would you agree?

I don't necessarily think that's true. I think the traits you've said above apply to a lot of people. I think you just think that a lot of people on here are like that because on the internet people are more open about who they are.

Think about it... Loads of people are virgins, but no one would just say this in real life would they? Yet on the internet it's just easier and no one can judge you for it on here as it's a forum...
Original post by >Username<
I don't necessarily think that's true. I think the traits you've said above apply to a lot of people. I think you just think that a lot of people on here are like that because on the internet people are more open about who they are.

Think about it... Loads of people are virgins, but no one would just say this in real life would they? Yet on the internet it's just easier and no one can judge you for it on here as it's a forum...

I feel like TSR is a safe haven for people to express their personal views, stories and experiences anonymously without facing judgement. Similar to a therapist or doctor if you will.
Reply 54
Ik what you mean... i only signed up recently and i'm having second thoughts lol
Original post by Raizelcadres
why is being a virgin is a bad thing?

lol youve assumed alot of things in that once sentence

i never said any of those traits are 'bad'
i never said being a virigin is a bad thing

being a virigin is not a bad thing, if anything its a good thing

Original post by Marshall Taylor
I honestly cannot describe TSR, it is just like hanging around with multiple versions of myself.

thats great for you
Original post by Bulletzone
Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, 90%......
I need some proof about those figures because I highly doubt that man people are in any of those categories.

Secondly, If you have noticed the TSR standards on here are very high (Take a look at the GCSE Expectations thread especially).
In society the clever people (AKA Nerds) don't really get Girls (That's not true all the time, but generally that's the case).

Thirdly, The reason why I'm not ashamed to admit that I have no friends, Never made contact with a girl (yep not any) and love revising is because Alot of people on here are sort of similar to me.

If you want Sex-craved, Non-introverted people then might I suggest Yahoo Answers?

ok maybe i exaggerated it its more like 95%

Spoiler

lol calm down man, i just wanted to know a reason why, not a paragragh worths explanation

so your telling me your happy to all of those things, because random people on the internet are similar to you?
Original post by iHammmy
Ik what you mean... i only signed up recently and i'm having second thoughts lol

Stay with us Hammmy, we're a lovely bunch who can get rather rowdy sometimes.
Original post by >Username<

yeah loads of people are virigins, but im pretty sure people will admit to it in real life, is just that on tsr when they talk about it they blow it out of portion by asking weird questions and making a big deal about it

Original post by Marshall Taylor
I feel like TSR is a safe haven for people to express their personal views, stories and experiences anonymously without facing judgement. Similar to a therapist or doctor if you will.

fair enough I understand your points
Original post by iHammmy

it took me a couple of weeks to realise it, I dont know how you realized this quick lol

im only using it so that i can get help with my gcse's and talk with people about getting a's and a*'s
yeah loads of people are virigins, but im pretty sure people will admit to it in real life, is just that on tsr when they talk about it they blow it out of portion by asking weird questions and making a big deal about it

fair enough I understand your points

Plus it's great for asking girls really weird questions at the back of your mind... and they actually answer them! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending