Why is IQ on the decline in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates
lol wut?

Oh the irony, posting a thread about IQ decline then using txt spk. :rofl:
Original post by RavioliDance

Which is not advised under the TSR Community Guidelines! :rofl:

And anyway, I'm not sure that people even use IQ anymore to test intelligence...
IQ should be at an even distribution for those that are aged 15. If it's not at 100 then that is odd but it doesn't mean there is something wrong with the person mentally. You're not retarded - it means there's 10 things that need solving for the person and it isn't their fault.
Reply 43

Light usage of text speak hardly signifies anything about intelligence

if u talkin liek this n cnt spell 4 sh*t wen English is ur 1st lang then mayb probs. But just a cheeky lol wut, or using "u" in place of you, or using acronyms...meh.
IQ tests are a terrible indicator of intelligence. Quote from a D list celebrity "Don't get me started".
Maybe because of the education system. The British education system is not as good as in other countries like China, particularly when it comes to Maths. Also, doesn't help that the education system here is built around regurgitating facts so pass exams. Idk, it's just an observation I've made, because I know a lot of students that would just cram at the last minute to pass their exams. When I was studying in the US, we had an exam every week, so it's almost impossible to cram.
kids don't read books or form their own opinions anymore. if you tell a 13 year old (as a 20 year old) that you occasionally read print newspapers you will be ridiculed. does it anger anyone else when people share ******** links on facebook and treat it like its gospel lmao like "world war 3 is starting"....people don't check sources they just post **** without thinking. this generation is always on ****in snapchat or Instagram or lively or whatever the **** app is these days. its all about perception rather than substance of character. I like to call them the kim Kardashian generation- brain dead people watching braind dead tv
(edited 7 years ago)
Why is IQ on the decline in the UK?

Whilst countries like China who have WAY less resources per head have much higher IQ at 105 and increasing still..........

My birth must have radically lowered our average. Sorry guys!
it's all going to the dogs. Look at Singapore and Hong Kong, not long before they're a standard deviation above on current trends.
it's all going to the dogs. Look at Singapore and Hong Kong, not long before they're a standard deviation above on current trends.

Did you make this thread so that somebody would ask you what your IQ was?

No hate, I just noticed that nobody had asked and wondered if you were salty :holmes:
Original post by spotify95
Which is not advised under the TSR Community Guidelines! :rofl:

And anyway, I'm not sure that people even use IQ anymore to test intelligence...

I think you have a very high IQ by the way. :yep:
I think you have a very high IQ by the way. :yep:

Thanks, and likewise! :smile:

I know of someone who has a lower IQ than me, but i won't mention them here. :wink:
Reply 52
Thanks, and likewise! :smile:

I know of someone who has a lower IQ than me, but i won't mention them here. :wink:

Is it the one I'm thinking?:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Is it the one I'm thinking?:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll have to PM or VM me as I don't want to clutter up this thread or make accusations on the live forum :wink:

It's not anyone who I am actually friends with, that's for sure! :hugs: :five:
Reply 54
You'll have to PM or VM me as I don't want to clutter up this thread or make accusations on the live forum :wink:

It's not anyone who I am actually friends with, that's for sure! :hugs: :five:

No need, that's confirmation enough:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cited from an article by Richard Lynn, under "scaling to IQ metric" he states:

"For example, there was no measured IQ for Pakistan, but there was a measured IQ (81) for India. It was assumed that the IQ in Pakistan would be approximately the same as in India, and hence Pakistan was assigned an IQ of 81."

A few brief points that I would like to make.

1. Which is grammatically correct to state "there was" or "there were"?
2. If a country does not have an IQ score then does this mean that the country is imbecillic.
3. Can you interpret the intellectual property of a person or a country just by talking to them?
Original post by ByronicHero
Did you make this thread so that somebody would ask you what your IQ was?

No hate, I just noticed that nobody had asked and wondered if you were salty :holmes:

lol not really, just showing the relative decline of the UK compared to the rest of the world. My IQ is 130+ i can assure you :tongue:
Original post by oversizedcarrot
Cited from an article by Richard Lynn, under "scaling to IQ metric" he states:

"For example, there was no measured IQ for Pakistan, but there was a measured IQ (81) for India. It was assumed that the IQ in Pakistan would be approximately the same as in India, and hence Pakistan was assigned an IQ of 81."

I do think this is one of the weaknesses. For example, one only needs to look at neighbouring countries like the UK and Ireland, where UK is 100 and Ireland 92, to see that what are effectively very similar nations, have quite a stark difference in regards to the average IQ.
You ever seen the film Idiocracy?
lol not really, just showing the relative decline of the UK compared to the rest of the world. My IQ is 130+ i can assure you :tongue:

Then you should know that stating a number is far less useful than stating a percentile as different tests use different standard deviations. People taking tests via British Mensa might, for example, take the Cattell III B which has a standard deviation of 24 as opposed to the more commonly used Wechsler. This would allow them to claim an IQ of, say, 132 on the former test despite only scoring a 120 on the latter :tongue:

Anyway, I hope having a high IQ brings you much happiness :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending