The Student Room Group

Muslims will be banned from the US if Trump becomes president

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-says-hes-expanding-muslim-ban/

The question is, should / will Europe do the same?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by orton6

Why would you ban muslims from coming in when it seems most islamic terrorism is done by homegrown terrorists?
Wasn't there an English Muslim family a few months back who wanted to travel to Disneyland and were stopped ?
Original post by markova21
Wasn't there an English Muslim family a few months back who wanted to travel to Disneyland and were stopped ?

People get randomly stopped from entering the US all the time. They're really strict.
Could be an extra precaution. Surely making Muslim communities grow bigger very quickly will only isolate them further, so you'll see more terrorists coming out of them in future.

And the whole raping women in the street/molesting them and children in swimming pools thing.
Original post by markova21

It turned out they were there to visit a friend who was from the same mosque where that guy who shot up a load of people attended and had an extreme imam. On top of this, one of them had loads of stuff in his social media pointing to support for Al Qaeda (though to be fair there are people on TSR who this can be said for. Then again, id put those people on watch lists too given their posting histories)
Reply 6
Good on them.
10% of US doctors are muslim, while muslims make up around 1% of the population.
Reply 8
Original post by Mathemagicien
What? And miss out on all that diversity? Are you kidding me?!

Are taking the mick?
Original post by orton6

Should yes will lol no.

The problem with Trumps plan is its going to be difficult to enforce. Euro politicans should have done the same but kept schtum
Because they are often 2nd/3rd generation immigrant muslims ??
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Because they are often 2nd/3rd generation immigrant muslims ??

Do you not think that the problem of homegrown terrorism is slightly more concerning though? These aren't people fresh off the boat, they are integrated, speak english and often highly educated individuals
If i were American, my primary concern would be guns and the manufactured racial hysteria. It poses a far far bigger threat to them than muslims :redface:. Particuarly in America where they select and integrate their muslims far better than Europe.

99 % of Homegrown terrorism only happens because of original immigration from Muslim demographics. (The 1% is some pasty white bearded ginger reject who has found illusive acceptance) Their families have only been in the UK for a generation or two
(edited 7 years ago)
Trump has no policies, only wild statements that are guaranteed to get him a round of applause from a partisan audience, and attention grabbing headlines the next day.

The idea of 'banning' any group of people is clearly unenforceable, and, for a country that defines itself as the epitome of freedom and democracy, its clearly a non-starter.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm no supporter of trump, but tbh he's never said he'd ban Muslims... Just a fact. He said the United States should withhold an open migration for refugees without inspecting each refugee individually. There's nothing wrong with being more careful then some European countries that have allowed hundreds of thousands of refugees and right now are regretting that decision
Original post by Betelgeuse-
If i were American, my primary concern would be guns and the manufactured racial hysteria. It poses a far far bigger threat to them than muslims :redface:. Particuarly in America where they select and integrate their muslims far better than Europe.

99 % of Homegrown terrorism only happens because of original immigration from Muslim demographics. (The 1% is some pasty white bearded ginger reject who has found illusive acceptance) Their families have only been in the UK for a generation or two

I agree that America's problem with guns needs to be dealt with head on before anything can happen, then again, was not one of the recent attacks in Germany committed with guns? In a country whose gun laws are are as stringent as our own? I personally think the ideal happy medium would be something like the Switzerland system. Not as strict as British laws, but then again allowing people with a criminal record to get their hands on guns without doing a background check is foolhardy.

The problem is not the people themselves because obviously we know its only a minority who does crap like this, but we need to start monitoring what mosque's preach more closely imo. Sharia law courts should be banned and mosque's put under the close supervision of the security services. That was whenever we can spot a Islamic hate preacher we can get him deported or otherwise silenced. Of course, that would need our full national powers back and even with Brexit its looking like we'll remain in the EEA so I don't see that happening any time soon
Not seeing how this makes "America Great again".
Would British Muslims be banned too?

Because I really really want to to work in New York after I graduate. I'm not wearing headscarf in my passport photo if that helps!
Original post by Serine Soul
Would British Muslims be banned too?

Because I really really want to to work in New York after I graduate. I'm not wearing headscarf in my passport photo if that helps!

Forget it. Be yourself. It isnt going to happen.
Im not sure if Germanys gun laws are as strict as our own but we are massively helped by being surrounded by water :tongue:

Yes much needs to be done but i look forward to the "moderate" muslims reaction to someone proposing that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending