The Student Room Group

Can a girl change her mind after rejecting a guy?

I asked out a girl after knowing her for a few months and she said no. I'm disappointed by this because I thought there was a real connection going on between us. We did spend a lot of time together but I guess she was only interested in being friends, pretty much story of my life.

Anyway, she didn't cut me off totally and we're still friends. I am still clinging onto the last grain of hope that one day she may turn around and like me. Is that only in Hollywood movies or can it really happen?

Ofc i'll find another girl and move on eventually, but just wondering if a girl can change her mind?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I asked out a girl after knowing her for a few months and she said no. I'm disappointed by this because I thought there was a real connection going on between us. We did spend a lot of time together but I guess she was only interested in being friends, pretty much story of my life.

Anyway, she didn't cut me off totally and we're still friends. I am still clinging onto the last grain of hope that one day she may turn around and like me. Is that only in Hollywood movies or can it really happen?

Ofc i'll find another girl and move on eventually, but just wondering if a girl can change her mind?

Why?

Yes, because I was that girl. You might have to wait a while though because it took me about two years to start fancying the guy who asked me out originally
Possibly, I'm in the same position myself with more than one girl actually. I asked them out but then they didn't respond, but they're still really friendly. I might not be their type or they might just want to stay single for the time being. Good on you for being brave enough to ask her out, you can always hope I guess, but just try not to get too fixated on her & consider other options as well. Good luck! :smile:
What made you start fancying him out of curiosity? :smile:
it's possible but don't count on it. Go talk to some more chicks.. She'll either get jealous or you'll get yourself a new girlfriend(s).

Either way, you win.

And no matter what you do, DON'T ask her out ever again. You may think you see a change of heart but don't assume. Let her come out with it.

Until then, you're a free man to talk to every girl on the planet (and there are A LOT of them)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Multitalented me
What made you start fancying him out of curiosity? :smile:

I am unsure, one day I just woke up, went into work and started thinking he was cute
Oh right, that's interesting, like you has a different perspective on him looks wise or was it more his personality started to grow on you more?
Original post by Multitalented me
Oh right, that's interesting, like you has a different perspective on him looks wise or was it more his personality started to grow on you more?

Yeah, like I thought he was pretty ugly before but after looking at him properly I realised that I actually found him quite cute
Oh right, fair enough :smile: I'm not quite sure how female minds work in terms of attraction haha, I just try & be myself, but like the OP I tend to be just seen as a friend, maybe I've just been picking the wrong girls/timed my move wrong, I dunno :tongue:
I wouldn't hold your breath OP.

Yeah it happens sometimes, but usually after you have completely moved on and are no longer trying to move to her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I think its very rare. Friendszoning is humiliating. The one time I've seen it was because she was getting desperate after no one else was asking her out. Hardly a ringing endorsement. Better to but the energy in to finding someone that feels enthusiastic.
Reply 13
sounds to me like he just "grew" on you over time.

People's eye sight deteriorates as they get older, it does not improve ... therefore I reject your hypothesis that after 2 years you eventually saw him properly and he was actually cute.

what. was he wearing a mask this whole time?
Reply 14
Original post by Zarek
I think its very rare. Friendszoning is humiliating. The one time I've seen it was because she was getting desperate after no one else was asking her out. Hardly a ringing endorsement. Better to but the energy in to finding someone that feels enthusiastic.

You're right, it's very rare from a woman to change her mind like this. I suggest the OP does not gamble by trying to wait 2 years and just moves on with his life

Groundhog day.

She can change her mind as that is her perogative, but unlikely.
Original post by ANM775
sounds to me like he just "grew" on you over time.

People's eye sight deteriorates as they get older, it does not improve ... therefore I reject your hypothesis that after 2 years you eventually saw him properly and he was actually cute.

what. was he wearing a mask this whole time?

You're trying to tell ME what I did? Excuse me, you don't know everything in life, you know. If that's what I said happened, it damn well happened

If you come across as hopeless ( such as, for example, oozing an aura that says "I am still clinging on to the last grain of hope that one day she may turn around and like me" ) or somewhat predatory ( such as, pouncing on her after a couple of months ), then the chances are slim.

Best to move on with your life. You have a friend ( for as long as that lasts ).
Let her come to you if there is anything there
Reply 19
:smile:

what you said happened does not make logical sense, ..unless the guy was walking around in some sort of villainous dark hood [where you can't see his face properly] for two years.

If it truly did happen the way you said it happened and all this time the guy was some sort of stud. your story would make a GREAT "should have gone to specsavers" Ad.

patent that post pronto.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending