The Student Room Group

When does edexcel finish marking their papers?

I sat the edexcel science exams in May and I am curious on whether they have marked them yet

Scroll to see replies

They will definitely have marked papers by now, I'm pretty sure all papers are finished by the end of July.
Reply 2
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
They will definitely have marked papers by now, I'm pretty sure all papers are finished by the end of July.

Why can they give results earlier its annoying to have to wait longer!
Reply 3
Yh they'll be marked now so someone out there will know our marks and now the grades are being worked out ; scary stuff ahaaaaaa
Reply 4
Original post by fefssdf
Yh they'll be marked now so someone out there will know our marks and now the grades are being worked out ; scary stuff ahaaaaaa

When do teachers get to see our grades?

And do you know what time you can go in to collect your results?
Reply 5
Original post by Jack_Tomlin
When do teachers get to see our grades?

And do you know what time you can go in to collect your results?

Day before students get results.
This will depend on your school; contact them to find out.
Why can they give results earlier its annoying to have to wait longer!

Grade boundaries, examiner's report, lots of things to sort out. It's a huge pain; but we have to wait I guess :/
Original post by fefssdf
Day before students get results.
This will depend on your school; contact them to find out.
Hey, I know this is slightly irrelevant, but for your Maths or any exam in general, do you get to see your marks?
All the exam papers have been marked by now and for the past few days, statistical analysis has been going on.Grade Boundaries are being decided currently...for a week or two..then typing/printing//sending results..
Original post by hamza772000
Hey, I know this is slightly irrelevant, but for your Maths or any exam in general, do you get to see your marks?

You will be able to see what mark you got on every paper, well it should say on your result slip. If it doesn't ask your teacher, they should have the full details.
@CIEBioloysifh - Edexcel don't put the percentage/UMS (mark) on the results slip..AQA does..not sure about AQA or WJEC though.
Original post by sulaimanali
@CIEBioloysifh - Edexcel don't put the percentage/UMS (mark) on the results slip..AQA does..not sure about AQA or WJEC though.
Even if they don't, the teachers will know the marks their students have achieved, they will also receive a breakdown of every question and how the student answered.
Reply 12
Apparently, CIE igcse first English language publish results to schools on August 4th?
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
You will be able to see what mark you got on every paper, well it should say on your result slip. If it doesn't ask your teacher, they should have the full details.
I sat the edexcel science exams in May and I am curious on whether they have marked them yet

AQA tweeted out a few days ago that they have marked 95% of papers.
Original post by hamza772000

For GCSE maths I actually didn't get given my marks ; just the grade however if you want to know your RAW marks then ask the exams officer and they can tell you all your marks for every exam you've done ; for other exams you may get ums marks on your results sheet but I suggest you find out your ums for a true figure of how well you did cause idk like you might get 100ums but doesn't mean you got 100/100 in the exam :smile: you could ask your school what is on the exam sheets if your concerned about this
Original post by fefssdf
For GCSE maths I actually didn't get given my marks ; just the grade however if you want to know your RAW marks then ask the exams officer and they can tell you all your marks for every exam you've done ; for other exams you may get ums marks on your results sheet but I suggest you find out your ums for a true figure of how well you did cause idk like you might get 100ums but doesn't mean you got 100/100 in the exam :smile: you could ask your school what is on the exam sheets if your concerned about this
Thanks a lot :h: PRSOM :tongue:
Original post by romansholiday
AQA tweeted out a few days ago that they have marked 95% of papers.

5% is probably all the ones they've messed up the marking for and are now trying to get it sorted out LMAO
@fefssdf - yes, that's right :smile: those 5% have actually been sorted now...they were being sorted in this past week...from tomorrow is GB setting week..then typing results/printing/sending off..
Original post by sulaimanali
@fefssdf - yes, that's right :smile: those 5% have actually been sorted now...they were being sorted in this past week...from tomorrow is GB setting week..then typing results/printing/sending off..

Well if AQA is reading this, I'm gonna save you guys some time and say for PSYA3 an A* should be 48/72 and for PSYA4 an A* should be 62/83 . Thank me later AQA when schools come flooding to you from edexcel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest