The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krollo
Bit of a random idea. A lot of schools seem to ask their Oxbridge interviewees to do interview reports, to give students in the future a better idea of what interviews in their subject are likely to be like, even without the specifics of questions. It might be nice if we could get something like that going on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is an amazing idea. I'll try to add mine by the end of the day :smile:
Original post by Serine Soul
This is an amazing idea. I'll try to add mine by the end of the day :smile:

Thank you guys! This really helps, seriously! It would be awesome!
Original post by BioOx
Thank you guys! This really helps, seriously! It would be awesome!

No problem! I've said that even if I don't meet my offer, I should still try to help others:yep:
No problem! I've said that even if I don't meet my offer, I should still try to help others:yep:

Why are you so pessimistic! You will get in!

How did your exams go! How do you feel 'bout 'em?
Original post by BioOx
Why are you so pessimistic! You will get in!

How did your exams go! How do you feel 'bout 'em?

Let's say the ones that went well went really well and the ones that went bad went awful :redface:
Eh, we'll see results day. Just wanna scrape that 270 in A2 Bio and Chem :cry2: and 480 in Maths
(Assuming everything goes well on Results Day ofc), Does anyone know what date freshers are likely to have to go down to Cambridge this September/October?
Original post by yellownectarine
(Assuming everything goes well on Results Day ofc), Does anyone know what date freshers are likely to have to go down to Cambridge this September/October?

John's is 30th September, if that helps :smile:

Dear oh dear oh dear! One goes up to Cambridge. Down to the other place :wink:

Christ's is Sunday 2nd Oct.

Your college should tell you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's the Saturday before the first day of term

I'll have a test on Saturday if I get in, woo
Original post by Gregorius
Dear oh dear oh dear! One goes up to Cambridge. Down to the other place :wink:

I said 'I'm going up to Cambridge' once to my friends and they mocked me. Never gonna say it again
Original post by felecita
John's is 30th September, if that helps :smile:

Original post by jneill
Christ's is Sunday 2nd Oct.

Your college should tell you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
I said 'I'm going up to Cambridge' once to my friends and they mocked me. Never gonna say it again

Just tell them that Cambridge is at a higher level of elevation above sea level than where you live
Original post by Mathemagicien
Just tell them that Cambridge is at a higher level of elevation above sea level than where you live

It's not though and they know that. :frown: They're smart

lol what's their problem with it then?
Original post by EnglishMuon
lol what's their problem with it then?

They think I don't know my geography and I cba explaining to them why people say 'up' (don't even think I know myself tbh)

Tell them you are speaking metaphorically then. I'm going upwards to Cambridge... academically. Bonus is that this is applicable everywhere, from Oxford to MIT
They think I don't know my geography and I cba explaining to them why people say 'up' (don't even think I know myself tbh)

ah ok I see. Well im lucky I live right on the south coast so everything is 'up'. e.g. A conversation between me and a friend the other day:
"Did you go away last weekend?"
"Yeah, we went to the north"
"Where abouts?"
"London"
Original post by Mathemagicien
Tell them you are speaking metaphorically then. I'm going upwards to Cambridge... academically. Bonus is that this is applicable everywhere, from Oxford to MIT

Lol I'll stick with 'going down'
Makes sense to me too

Original post by EnglishMuon
ah ok I see. Well im lucky I live right on the south coast so everything is 'up'. e.g. A conversation between me and a friend the other day:
"Did you go away last weekend?"
"Yeah, we went to the north"
"Where abouts?"
"London"

:lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending