The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
https://youtu.be/42MJ5GUvx8E

I found it beautiful to listen to SubhanAllah.

@HAnwar lol sorry for disappearing...will get back to you insha'Allah.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mercuryman
@ThatMuslimGuy @HAnwar @IdeasForLife @Zamestaneh

Guys (and girl(s) @HAnwar), you are probably the most knowledgable I know of on the internet with Islam ( m'A) May Allah Swt bless you and everyone else in this thread who help others with concerns they have on islam here.

do you mind helping me with an issue I have with salah?

I was wondering about this for quite some time and I think i pray my salats wrong! I find that I read everything correct right until when 'allhumma barik ' finishes.

After this I read 'rabij alne' etc then conclude my prayer with 'Assalamualaikum waramatullah'

Everyone in my family and most sites want you to read: Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min adhabi jahanam wamin adhabil qabri wamin sharri fitnatil mahya wal mamat wamin sharri fitnatil masihid dajjaal. Rabbi-ghfir li waliwalidayya, rabbi-rhamhuma kama rabbayani saghira

After you finish the 'allahumma barik..' passage

But I'm not familiar with this, for my whole life I've done what's instructed in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhr5Ldk1Hw

Ive looked at both the translations and they both seem familiar, so bottomline question was my salah wrong all this time? Or can I still pray the way I pray ( basically the video)JZK!!

Ps: apologies for the sloppy writing, my phone is on 1% battery and I had to rush this :frown:

I think the others have given good enough answers, so read them inshaAllah; personally I don't regularly read a dua after the tashahhud (simply because I didn't learn to perform Salah that way when I became Muslim) :u:
[video="youtube;lmr66odGVQc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmr66odGVQc[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
I do salah in the way as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zamestaneh
I think the others have given good enough answers, so read them inshaAllah; personally I don't regularly read a dua after the tashahhud (simply because I didn't learn to perform Salah that way when I became Muslim) :u:

Original post by Tpos
That's a beautiful and perhaps more comprehensive dua (I see, using my extremely limited Arabic understanding)thanks for sharing. I also read rabij alne, it's all good.

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

May Allah guide you to all that is good. The Prophet said:

"The cure to ignorance is to ask".

What is compulsory to recite in the tashaahud is the Allahummah Salli & Allahummah barik etc section.

After that any other dua is optional. Some that a highly recomended and which the Prophet would do is the Allahumma inn authu bika etc one you mentioned.

So what you do is fine and either are fine.

The Propher advised us in many Ahadeeth to make Dua after we finish the Tashaahud as it is a time our dua is accepted. I encourage you to do the same.

I hope this makes sense.

Allah Knows Best. I may be incorrect this is simply from memory.

Original post by HAnwar
I think that's the most common dua (the one you've posted in full length above) so more people tend to read that.

However some people recite other duas like the one you've posted, and I'm sure it's fine since there's no ruling saying you can only recite one.

You can recite them both together or just recite one, it's up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel reassured now, Jazak'allah khair!! :smile:
Original post by Zamestaneh

Yeah I've seen on many tutorial videos that they leave that dua out, but nonetheless you should learn it and recite it in Salah, It's quite beneficial.
Someone asked this question on a thread and I wanted to tell you guys (and girls) the journey that went through my head with the questions that arose from this.

"can i ask why islams main book was then revealed in a dialect of arabic so confusing and also rhetorical, that most muslims cant actually

understand it properly ( if your argument is most ppl mis-interpret it) . id guess 99% of muslims on tsr dont fully understand it either - how are they supposed to follow it properly? Did mohammed actually mean for it to reach them ?"

1. My first response to this is because our prophet (PBUH) and those around him only knew arabic, therefore obviously the word of god in a different language would be useless.

2a. But then I thought: Why do we have to read it in arabic? surely reading it in english would be better...

2b. But then I realised: prescribing the quran in a different language would mean that some words in it could become altered due to mistranslations, and it wouldn't really be the word of Allah then. This is why we have to recite the quran in arabic as it was given to us in arabic.

3a. But upon thinking this, a question popped up in my head: Why is it that on the day of judgement and paradise we will be speaking in arabic? I had always been told this from childhood as an incentive to learn arabic.

I obviously had concerns about this as it just doesn't seem right and seems contradictory for arabic to be favoured over other dialects for the language of paradise.

3b. I did research on this matter and found that the root of this statement had been made from the following fabricated hadith:

Al-Tabaraani narrated in al-Awsat that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I am an Arab, and the Qur’aan is Arabic, and the language of the people of Paradise is Arabic.”

This isn't true, as firstly the hadith is itself contradictory with the teachings of our Prophet who did not allow nationalism. And the hadith itself is promoting arabic amongst all when clearly there is a lack of information on this topic.

The only incentive to learn arabic is to fully understand the quran to avoid misconceptions and misguidance which is a pivotal part in being a muslim not for the purposes of 'arab supremacy' as some ignorant believers/non-believers put it.

It's certain that none of us know what the true language of those that will be in paradise, hell and the day of Judgement.

Source used: https://islamqa.info/en/83262
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1066
Someone asked this question on a thread and I wanted to tell you guys (and girls) the journey that went through my head with the questions that arose from this.

"can i ask why islams main book was then revealed in a dialect of arabic so confusing and also rhetorical, that most muslims cant actually

understand it properly ( if your argument is most ppl mis-interpret it) . id guess 99% of muslims on tsr dont fully understand it either - how are they supposed to follow it properly? Did mohammed actually mean for it to reach them ?"

My first response to this is because our prophet (PBUH) and those around him only knew arabic, therefore obviously the word of god in a different language would be useless.

But then I thought: Why do we have to read it in arabic? surely reading it in english would be better...

But then I realised: prescribing the quran in a different language would mean that some words in it could become altered due to mistranslations, and it wouldn't really be the word of Allah then. This is why we have to recite the quran in arabic as it was given to us in arabic.

But upon thinking this, a question popped up in my head: Why is it that on the day of judgement and paradise we will be speaking in arabic? I had always been told this from childhood as an incentive to learn arabic (the real incentive is only for understanding the quran)

I obviously had concerns about this as it just doesn't seem right.

I did research on this matter and found that this statement had been made from the following fabricated hadith:

Al-Tabaraani narrated in al-Awsat that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I am an Arab, and the Qur’aan is Arabic, and the language of the people of Paradise is Arabic.”

This isn't true, and it's certain that none of us know what the true language of those that will be in paradise, hell and the day of Judgement.

Salaam

This may help insha'Allah.
https://islamqa.info/en/83262

https://youtu.be/3gUKH_rjakI

yeah that's exactly the website I based my thoughts on. Very good site for information.
Reply 1068
yeah that's exactly the website I based my thoughts on. Very good site for information.

I agree as far as I know gets to the point. Allah knows best. May Allah reward you for your efforts. Ameen.
I feel reassured now, Jazak'allah khair!! :smile:

BarakAllahu Feek.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCuxnu_IGUk

this was beautifully put!
'10 Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God!'

skip to reason 3 at 11:38 if you must, that made me stop the video and repost it here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1072
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCuxnu_IGUk

this was beautifully put!
'10 Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God!'

skip to reason 3 at 11:38 if you must, that made me stop the video and repost it here.

SubhanAllah true. JazakAllah Khair for sharing.
Original post by h333
https://youtu.be/42MJ5GUvx8E

I found it beautiful to listen to SubhanAllah.

@HAnwar lol sorry for disappearing...will get back to you insha'Allah.

I didn't even see this lol and it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't quote islamqa in here
Reply 1075
Original post by HAnwar
I didn't even see this lol and it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Np sis <333 and thanks I am charging my phone now...I know again loool
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Don't quote islamqa in here

Sorry Ameer Al ISOC
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Sorry Ameer Al ISOC

Zamestaneh is Ameer Al ISOC. I support his democratically elected rule.

Don't be trying any coups TMG :naughty:
Original post by h333
Np sis <333 and thanks I am charging my phone now...I know again loool

:rolleyes:
You using laptop?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1079
Original post by HAnwar
:rolleyes:
You using laptop?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no...come on whatsApp...I got this :u: