The Student Room Group

New Job with TK Maxx but not been called back??

I had an interview with TK Maxx last weds for the new store opening in my town. I was told that I'd hear back on my results within the week. I was then told on the friday i had been successful and would start "around the 12th" of august - I was delighted that they had got back to me so soon! They said they would phone me this week (starting the 15th july) to discuss my start date etc.They haven't called.

Every time I have called the store the hiring manager hasn't been able to speak to me. I now have 2 weeks til that supposed start date and I have to hand my notice into my current job tomorrow. (I am leaving on the promise of higher pay and more hours but I love my current job). I am terrified that they will retract the job offer and I will be left unemployed and - because of my uni timetable - undesirable. Does anyone else have any experience with this??
Pop into the store and demand answers, this is unfair and is giving you unnecessary anxiety.
Reply 2
Original post by TitanCream
Pop into the store and demand answers, this is unfair and is giving you unnecessary anxiety.

the store hasn't been opened yet. I am supposed to be trained and the store is to open mid September.
Original post by vanillaspit
the store hasn't been opened yet. I am supposed to be trained and the store is to open mid September.

HMM....thats odd.....i would suggest keep calling them.
Maybe the stores been pushed back? It's always a possibility? if thats the case your training will have been pushed back as well
Original post by vanillaspit
I had an interview with TK Maxx last weds for the new store opening in my town. I was told that I'd hear back on my results within the week. I was then told on the friday i had been successful and would start "around the 12th" of august - I was delighted that they had got back to me so soon! They said they would phone me this week (starting the 15th july) to discuss my start date etc.They haven't called.

Every time I have called the store the hiring manager hasn't been able to speak to me. I now have 2 weeks til that supposed start date and I have to hand my notice into my current job tomorrow. (I am leaving on the promise of higher pay and more hours but I love my current job). I am terrified that they will retract the job offer and I will be left unemployed and - because of my uni timetable - undesirable. Does anyone else have any experience with this??

I wouldnt hand in your notice at your current job until you have heard back from this tk maxx job. If they then say anything about not being able to start as soon as planned- well then you have the excuse that its their fault for not keeping you informed about what was going on, despite you trying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending