The Student Room Group

opinion on these nails?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
oh so acrylics are just like when they paint your nail and nothing else ? I really want white nails for some reason... can you get gold though like gold metallic nails so they're like shiny but again i don't want the actual nail like i just want it painted

no acrylics are when they add extensions to your natural nails and set it with acrylic haha, gel is just nail polish set with UV light so it doesnt chip and lasts for ages haha
Original post by Allie4
I'd think they must be really young, thats usually how young girls (11-15) have their nails

i dont know many 11 year olds with acrylic nails..
Reminds me of a spider
Original post by nobodycarescarla
I think they look awesome! I'm going to attempt something like this for a bbq im going to in a couple of hours. Did you have them done or did you do it yourself?

i hand modelled for a salon in my town, so they did them for me, thanks!
Original post by Devify
I usually have square nails and they're nothing special to manage :biggrin: and look way better in my opinion. Although I prefer more of a simple French nails look rather than all that glitter

i just cant stand square nails haha, i think they are a bit in your face but i didnt chose the design haha!
tacky in my opinion. I prefer nude matte, burgundy or black nail :wink:

Original post by PrincessBO$$
tacky in my opinion. I prefer nude matte, burgundy or black nail :wink:

i didnt get to choose them but i cant stand matte nails, theyre too common:/
Original post by Justmoll28
no acrylics are when they add extensions to your natural nails and set it with acrylic haha, gel is just nail polish set with UV light so it doesnt chip and lasts for ages haha

Oh gosh ok. Ok so I should just ask for ' gel ' then lol ? I'm so scared of getting them done that I'd ask for the wrong thing and then would end up with awful nails aha
Original post by fefssdf
Oh gosh ok. Ok so I should just ask for ' gel ' then lol ? I'm so scared of getting them done that I'd ask for the wrong thing and then would end up with awful nails aha

best thing to do is research online so you know exactly what you want, just talk to the person doing your nails haha it should be a fun experience not a scary one but i understand where youre coming from, i was a bit scared my first time haha :smile:
Trashy*
Reply 50
basically my ring fingers are a different colour haha, thats all! glad you like them haha i was in the salon dying from the fumes for toooooo long haha! :h:

In the salon?!! - you could do these yourself at home and they would still look nice haha :biggrin:
Original post by kiiten
In the salon?!! - you could do these yourself at home and they would still look nice haha :biggrin:

erm yeah the nail salon? i cant do my own acrylics!
Reply 52
erm yeah the nail salon? i cant do my own acrylics!

Ohh yeah they're fake. Ngl you probably could buy your own then just add the glitter. I normally grow mine out to that length then paint them. I dont know if you know much about diy nail art but that effect can be achieved easily with a sponge :smile: (on your natural or acrylic nails)
Original post by kiiten
Ohh yeah they're fake. Ngl you probably could buy your own then just add the glitter. I normally grow mine out to that length then paint them. I dont know if you know much about diy nail art but that effect can be achieved easily with a sponge :smile: (on your natural or acrylic nails)

yeah i know haha ive said several times i didnt chose the design as i was modelling for a salon in my town haha
Reply 54
yeah i know haha ive said several times i didnt chose the design as i was modelling for a salon in my town haha

Ohh sorry i didnt read all the comments. What do you think of the design?

Personally i think the glitter is a bit too much. I prefer softer glitter if that makes sense? xD Do you normally get your nails done in a salon or have you ever tried doing them yourself?
Original post by kiiten
Ohh sorry i didnt read all the comments. What do you think of the design?

Personally i think the glitter is a bit too much. I prefer softer glitter if that makes sense? xD Do you normally get your nails done in a salon or have you ever tried doing them yourself?

i dont think i would have gone with the pink they chose, maybe a blue or something but i would have preferred them longer looking back despite her asking how long i wanted haha, also i havent tried doing them myself, i know i would do them wonky or something haha
what would you think if you saw someone with these nails on?
13680093_1722985471252508_302241450889370841_o.jpg

Pink + glitter = LOVE
I think all of these nail designs are really beautiful, but why are they all on super long nails? Mine are painted with gold glitter rn but they’re at a more normal length. I wouldn’t be able to cope with nails as long as all these 😂
Edit: just noticed this thread is 2 years old 😂 I have no idea why it appeared in my feed.
what would you think if you saw someone with these nails on?
13680093_1722985471252508_302241450889370841_o.jpg

Personally not huge on glitter nails myself but they look nice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest