The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

The fortune teller predicts excellent results for all of you :ahee:

goodluck yr12s and 13s :jumphug:

IT'S GONNA BE OKAY, FRIEND.
(are you okay?)
Original post by Sacred Ground
Since PQ informed me that medicine applications dropped 15% this year and St. George's is in clearing haha

Well this is a game changer... Interesting
Hey! Apologies for intruding on your conversation however, I have a question. If I get rejected by newcastle for medicine, is it possible to get into St. George's through clearing? (As they have medicine in clearing) OR are you only allowed to try and enter 1 medical school per annual intake? For example, if I get A*AB (Chem, geography and biology) and Newcastle reject me, is there a possibility St. George's can still accept me? Is it purely the universities choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you end up in clearing then you can enquire for any course. It's likely SGUL will be after people who failed to get any offers for med but still aced their exams but only they know what they're looking for.
18 days
:hoppy:
:hifro:
:horse:
:bl:
Can someone sent a link of the website where you can have a look at courses and unis in clearing?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Its definitely not the one in the Caribbean - http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing

Interesting. I tried my luck with phoning up Med Schools on results day a few years ago (I had no offers but got the grades) but I was told very quickly where to go. Hopefully this will help those in a similar position.
Original post by usycool1
Interesting. I tried my luck with phoning up Med Schools on results day a few years ago (I had no offers but got the grades) but I was told very quickly where to go. Hopefully this will help those in a similar position.

Out of curiosity, did you end up doing medicine?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Out of curiosity, did you end up doing medicine?

Yeah, I'm about to start my second year now :smile:*
Original post by usycool1
Yeah, I'm about to start my second year now :smile:*

That's great, glad it all worked out for you!
Hey! Apologies for intruding on your conversation however, I have a question. If I get rejected by newcastle for medicine, is it possible to get into St. George's through clearing? (As they have medicine in clearing) OR are you only allowed to try and enter 1 medical school per annual intake? For example, if I get A*AB (Chem, geography and biology) and Newcastle reject me, is there a possibility St. George's can still accept me? Is it purely the universities choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it is more likely that St georges will be accepting people who met the AAA requirements but who do not have any offers for medicine. I cannot say at this point but that is usually the case when medicine ends up in clearing (happened a few years back - cannot remember the med school mind) because they will have many candidate with no offers and achieved AAA or above, and hence they are more likely to chose those people over AAB or A*AB.
fuk
My firm is Liverpool (ABB)and insurance is Lincoln (BBB) for LLB Law at both.

Though my requirements are quite low I would be so gutted to miss out on Liverpool, even if all my exams went well.

No idea why I even chose Lincoln, visited it and found it quite nice. Should have chosen Warwick but had a bad experience when I visited it and couldn't see my self studying in such a dull environment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalierm2707
I think it is more likely that St georges will be accepting people who met the AAA requirements but who do not have any offers for medicine. I cannot say at this point but that is usually the case when medicine ends up in clearing (happened a few years back - cannot remember the med school mind) because they will have many candidate with no offers and achieved AAA or above, and hence they are more likely to chose those people over AAB or A*AB.

Ah cheers Natalie, that makes sense. Hopefully I don't find myself in that predicament

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry if this has been asked before but do edexcel release their excel ums converter document at the same time as releasing the grade boundaries?
Ah cheers Natalie, that makes sense. Hopefully I don't find myself in that predicament

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats done is done now and nothing can be changed, you tried your hardest and whatever happens you know deep down you did everything you can.

I will say this... I was in your position last year, I held a firm offer from Cardiff for medicine but absolutely messed up f324 chemistry, I 100% thought I wasnt going to make my offer, I had clearing numbers in my phone and knew what other courses I would apply for etc. But on results day I got my grades and got my firm offer, one exam doesnt dictate everything and providing you worked hard you can pull it through. Stay strong nothing is final until you hear from the uni!
SCLY4 is scarying me

SCLY3 went okay but I know for 4 I messed up big time with the state crime 21 marker
Pretty sure I will get max 5 marks and if I'm lucky 10 marks.
Argh
Original post by xxvine
SCLY4 is scarying me

SCLY3 went okay but I know for 4 I messed up big time with the state crime 21 marker
Argh

5/21 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
SCLY4 is scarying me

Argh

I know how you feel with SCLY4. Due to mitigating circumstances this year my sociology grade is going to be lower than a D. My SCLY 1&2 resits were a disaster as it was a only 2 days after I had major surgery, I didn't revise for months as I was in hospital for 4 weeks prior to it etc.

SCLY3 for me went amazing, my predictions for the 33&9 marker were spot on so I just smashed the question ahah.

SCLY4, like you, was a complete disaster. My teacher, who is a really poor teacher and has been on review at my college for her teaching completely refused to give me the material for SCLY4 whilst I was off and said 'it's my fault I had surgery so I shouldn't have surgery' and I went into the exam with no material and so I wrote nothing. ..absolutely nothing.

:frown:( I'm sure it went better for you ahaha. Good luck though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest