The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

On that note, I've realised that I no longer say 'Nat-Sigh', I say 'Nat-Ski'
Original post by Serine Soul
It's not though and they know that. :frown: They're smart

LOL
Reply 1662
Original post by physicsmaths
Sure i recall this question which uses excircles in bmo2, other then that question i dnt remember questions which use either of those in the intended method. I will try find the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much STEP prep did you do before your interview cos I'm just trying to do olympiad stuff now
On that note, I've realised that I no longer say 'Nat-Sigh', I say 'Nat-Ski'

I've really got to stop pronouncing it 'Nazi', on the off-chance I get in...
Original post by 11234
How much STEP prep did you do before your interview cos I'm just trying to do olympiad stuff now

lol, you're worrying too much. It's just an interview, chill. I hadn't even been thinking of Cambridge this time last year.
Reply 1665
Original post by Zacken
lol, you're worrying too much. It's just an interview, chill. I hadn't even been thinking of Cambridge this time last year.

Yeh I know but its Cambridge and stuff.But srsly you're telling me you did no prep, you must've done something to get this good
Original post by 11234
Yeh I know but its Cambridge and stuff.But srsly you're telling me you did no prep, you must've done something to get this good

Basically all u gotta do is a couple easy step questions from 1993 and pray to lord zacin
Original post by 11234

Yeah, sure... in November, not July...
Reply 1668
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, sure... in November, not July...

Did you do any olympiad stuff cos I'm struggling :frown:
Reply 1669
Original post by EnglishMuon
Basically all u gotta do is a couple easy step questions from 1993 and pray to lord zacin

Do they ask any stats questions...I would be screwed if that happens
Original post by 11234
Do they ask any stats questions...I would be screwed if that happens

Not 100% sure about all colleges but id imagine its pretty similar- both my and zacken had the choice of what we liked/didnt like at King's.
Original post by 11234
Did you do any olympiad stuff cos I'm struggling :frown:

Nah, not at all.
Original post by Zacken
Nah, not at all.

Cuz ur a wasteman. G unit back me up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11234

On my gap year i had alredi done all of II n III prep pretty much. In yr 13 i had done a fair amount of STEP I, in yr 12 holidays i was just doing C3/4 stuff. If I was you, learn C3/4 if you havent already, the only stats I got asked in yr 13 was a probability question. After C3/4 do step I etc and carry on with olympiads. You will be mire then fine if you can solve BMO1/2 questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
I've really got to stop pronouncing it 'Nazi', on the off-chance I get in...

'Nazi'... How apt, coming from you :tongue:

You'll get in dw
Reply 1675
Original post by EnglishMuon
Not 100% sure about all colleges but id imagine its pretty similar- both my and zacken had the choice of what we liked/didnt like at King's.

Kinda scareed to apply to big colleges like trinity or kings....
'Nazi'... How apt, coming from you :tongue:

You'll get in dw

Have the bourgeoisie been spreading propaganda about me again?

Original post by 11234

Depending on college, STEP prep is probably roughly as useful as Olympiad prep for interviews and tests. But don't eat up your STEP past papers too soon...
Reply 1677
Original post by Mathemagicien
Have the bourgeoisie been spreading propaganda about me again?

Depending on college, STEP prep is probably roughly as useful as Olympiad prep for interviews and tests. But don't eat up your STEP past papers too soon...

Unfortunately I've looked at most step 1 and 2 questions not solved but yeh....Havent touched step3 yet though
Reply 1678
Does anyone know what the putnam contest is about
Original post by 11234
Does anyone know what the putnam contest is about

Yeh its a maths competition for American Unis. Olympids for Uni basically. The winners are normally all IMO gold medalists form USA China a far east etc and MIT normally wins overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest