The Student Room Group

Jobs that a 15 year old can do?

Hey, ive been trying to find a job I can do as a 15 year old during the summer, ive been to people that provide paper rounds, ive gone to tesco, waitrose, M&S and a bunch of other places, any ideas on what i could do?
Original post by i360faceplant
Hey, ive been trying to find a job I can do as a 15 year old during the summer, ive been to people that provide paper rounds, ive gone to tesco, waitrose, M&S and a bunch of other places, any ideas on what i could do?

I think you can pretty much only do a paper round, as most companies would want you to be 16 for health & safety purposes. Although, I think Mcdonalds do hire 15 year olds, provided that their birthday is within 3 months of some school leaving date or other ex. if you're born in August.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I think you can pretty much only do a paper round, as most companies would want you to be 16 for health & safety purposes. Although, I think Mcdonalds do hire 15 year olds, provided that their birthday is within 3 months of some school leaving date or other ex. if you're born in August.

Mcdonalds dont hire 15 year olds. At all.
It's a tough one. W H Smith hire young, but there aren't many places at all that hire <16. Your best bet will be working in cafes, and doing pot-washing at the odd pub. The local places are your best bet, rather than chains.
Original post by Emma:-)
Mcdonalds dont hire 15 year olds. At all.

Actually, when I applied they did. Although, that was 2-3 years ago.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Actually, when I applied they did. Although, that was 2-3 years ago.

Trust me they dont.
Ive worked there for over 8 years, i should know.
Reply 6
Try children's play centres I worked in a play centre when I was 14 for 3 years.
Thanks guys! I will ask around tommorrow (its sunday), and get back to you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending