The Student Room Group

Would I get caught for cheating in my coursework?

Hello, so this is a really stupid question that I pretty much know the answer to but I'd like reassurance.
So a few months ago, I wrote my GCSE French coursework about 'my family'. I wrote it entirely myself. But I knew this French girl from Twitter and I sent her the writing and asked her to check it for me - via DIRECT MESSAGE (so private)- and she did. This was stupid because my teacher would check it anyway. I'm great at memorising and pretty smart, so I got full marks according to my teacher (my other pieces of coursework that I didn't ask the French girl to check are also around full marks so it doesn't look odd).
Say my coursework got sent off for moderation, the examiners wouldn't pick up on this via scanners, would they ? They can't look at direct messages, can they ? I found out about a week ago that sending coursework is an offence, but I'm doubtful that anybody would pick up on private messages (I've already deleted them anyway) and I've heard of others never getting caught for directly plagiarising.
Sorry again; I'm just a rather anxious person !
Reply 1
Original post by ella787
Hello, so this is a really stupid question that I pretty much know the answer to but I'd like reassurance.
So a few months ago, I wrote my GCSE French coursework about 'my family'. I wrote it entirely myself. But I knew this French girl from Twitter and I sent her the writing and asked her to check it for me - via DIRECT MESSAGE (so private)- and she did. This was stupid because my teacher would check it anyway. I'm great at memorising and pretty smart, so I got full marks according to my teacher (my other pieces of coursework that I didn't ask the French girl to check are also around full marks so it doesn't look odd).
Say my coursework got sent off for moderation, the examiners wouldn't pick up on this via scanners, would they ? They can't look at direct messages, can they ? I found out about a week ago that sending coursework is an offence, but I'm doubtful that anybody would pick up on private messages (I've already deleted them anyway) and I've heard of others never getting caught for directly plagiarising.

No you're fine. The moderators just look to see if the teacher gave you the right mark. And I think it's alright anyway I recall when I did my coursework that we were allowed to ask anyone french if we knew them just to double check our teacher's markings. So you have nothing to worry about except what grade will be on your results slip in less than a month :smile:
Yeh thats what I've been doing with all my German coursework lol. Full marks so far
Reply 3
You're fine, at most someone runs it through a program that checks for matches online but those are in places that would show up on Google if you searched for it. Like blogs and articles. So you're fine.
Reply 4
Original post by ella787

You'll be absolutely fine! Don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 5
You're fine. Loads of people at my school got their German exchange students to write all their coursework and were fine. Even one of the teachers who could speak German after working in the RAF wrote someone's for them. As long as you can't find it on google it's ok. The plagiarism software cannot access encrypted messages.Language coursework is a pointless exercise and the teachers know it.

Quick Reply

Latest