The Student Room Group

Which is better, Customer Care Assistant or Kitchen Worker? (McDonald's)

Just got a job at Maccies and I have a choice between the two. The pay for kitchen is only £5.70 whereas "Customer Care" is something like £6.80. However I've heard in Customer Care you're basically cleaning bins and doing the *****y jobs so I'm not sure which I should go for.

I'm looking to earn about £1000 by the end of summer if this also helps and looking to work nights whenever possible (£1 an hour increase).

Can anyone give any recommendations/advice? Is the pay increase worth it for the apparently worse job?
Customer care assistant because the kitchen work is really fast and stressful
Original post by ouatislifex
Customer care assistant because the kitchen work is really fast and stressful

Yeah I thought it might be too but apparently it's just a lot more fun and banterous cause you don't need to keep a happy face for customers
Reply 3
as someone who's been a customer care assistant i'd say kitchen work anyday. I'd spend my entire shift cleaning toilets and wiping tables with my sole source of interaction coming from *****y customers. Not pleasant.
Original post by Tai Ga
as someone who's been a customer care assistant i'd say kitchen work anyday. I'd spend my entire shift cleaning toilets and wiping tables with my sole source of interaction coming from *****y customers. Not pleasant.

At the moment I'm working in the kitchen but on the pay of Customer Care... Not sure how long this will last but I'm quite happy to stick at it and leave it until it's brought up by someone tbh because every time I say something like "yeah I'm pretty sure I'm Customer Care" the people training me just tend to shush me
Original post by Dean Riding
Just got a job at Maccies and I have a choice between the two. The pay for kitchen is only £5.70 whereas "Customer Care" is something like £6.80. However I've heard in Customer Care you're basically cleaning bins and doing the *****y jobs so I'm not sure which I should go for.

I'm looking to earn about £1000 by the end of summer if this also helps and looking to work nights whenever possible (£1 an hour increase).

Can anyone give any recommendations/advice? Is the pay increase worth it for the apparently worse job?

Surely if you want to make £1000 by the end if summer then you should go for the higher paid position? Kitchen is stressful and unrewarding you will just get shouted at by managers all the time.
No at the moment I'm actually being paid the higher amount but currently being trained in the kitchen. I've brought this up a couple of times to the people training me but they just kinda say "err no you're being trained by this guy" so I'm just kinda doing what I'm told until someone brings it up
Original post by Dean Riding
No at the moment I'm actually being paid the higher amount but currently being trained in the kitchen. I've brought this up a couple of times to the people training me but they just kinda say "err no you're being trained by this guy" so I'm just kinda doing what I'm told until someone brings it up

Well if you're getting paid the higher rate and you're happy in kitchen then by all means stick at it but just speaking from personal experience cca work is a lot less stressful than kitchen work; even the *****y chavvy customers don't outweigh the crap you get in kitchen imho. Also, burns, they happen quite a lot
I'm okay at the moment I think but I definitely see where you're coming from I guess I'll have to see a few weeks down the road when I'm properly trained and stuff
Can I just say I'm a customer care assistant part time at mcdonald's. You know it's not just about cleaning, I went on the customer care course recently, there is so much emphasis on the customer experience.

Once you start really connecting with the customers, talking to them, getting involved with the kids (helping them with colouring, pop out characters and giving them baloons) its actually a really rewarding position.

The customer experience is so vital so you can keep customers coming back but it's actually rewarding because your making people happier and more positive as a result.

So no its not just being a cleaner
I don't mind cleaning as much, but I'm not cleaning toilets. (Sounds arrogant, but no thanks).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending