The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrDystopia
Most likely upset he couldn't manage more than 1 MVP throughout his career.

No doubt :p: it was more in Kobe's defence I think but regardless I don't think what he says about Hakeem are just false platitudes, nor MJ
Bulls fan here if you don't mind adding me to the list:smile:
Original post by Sameer599

Not at all, and welcome to the NBA family here!

Enjoy D.Wade :cry2:
Original post by zionpower
i know u watched every games. LeBron was dominant yes. even though this stats only happen in postseason.
if he was that dominant his team should be 82-0 or 74-8.
but they won the Finals, that was great.

Are you serious? I didn't say he had the most dominant regular season did i? What I did say is that he had the most dominant finals performance.

And your point about him only putting up stats in the post season. So? Every NBA fan knows that lebron cruises through regular season because there is no challenge even in the eastern conf playoffs so he has no need to be dominant.

The only time he is challenged is in the finals. Whats the point in playing your best when you don't need to early. He's got a guaranteed ticket to the finals, all he's playing for in the season is seeding and with Toronto at 2nd seed it's not that hard to get the no 1 seed.

Put is this way, if lebron faced what okc or gs faced this postseason talent wise, no way he wins against gs. He is basically always at full strength in the finals where whoever comes out the West is banged up and exhausted.

Gsw, okc, sa, lac are the elite team in the West.
Cavs are the only elite team in the east.

Hence lebron plays his best in the finals. He never needs to before that. It's the main luxury of being in the east.
Reply 685
^^ What u mean m8? As D. Rose himself said, GSW and the Knicks are the 2 superteams in the NBA. So there are actually 2 elite teams in the East.
Oh my God Zion if you think LeBron takes the regular season seriously anymore just lol, iirc the only award he may gun for is DPOY which he doesn't have yet. And if you think the regular season creates legacies bigger lol, FINALS create legacies. Regular season creates resumes. Go talk to Mr Malone :smile:

Welcome to the thread :smile:
Lebron don't wanna be Peyton Manning. He wants to be Joe Cool or Tom Brady
Original post by MamzZass
Hence lebron plays his best in the finals. He never needs to before that. It's the main luxury of being in the east.

LeBron plays his best in the finals because it's the finals, that's it. Jordan did the same coming out of a vicious East year in year out, some players can just rise to the occasion and others can't.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Far behind Shaq, then why has Shaq stated begrudgingly by his own admission he could never beat Hakeem. Jordan has also said he rates Hakeem as the 2nd best of all time after himself (keep it 100 no false modesty bs)

So don't tell me Shaq is way better than Hakeem when he himself would say otherwise.
There are plehty of other reasons. I'm at the gym right now we can all continue this when I get home :biggrin:

According to you we should refer our comments to what top best players have said to each other. Shaq said also his idol was the knicks legend Patrick Ewing.so Ewing is beter than Shaq. LeBron Said he couldn't properly guard Carmelo Anthony and KD. so both are better than LeBron? No.
this is not how we evaluate greatness.
Lol Draymond dropping dick pics on Snapchat, what's wrong with this guy
(edited 7 years ago)
According to you we should refer our comments to what top best players have said to each other. Shaq said also his idol was the knicks legend Patrick Ewing.so Ewing is beter than Shaq. LeBron Said he couldn't properly guard Carmelo Anthony and KD. so both are better than LeBron? No.
this is not how we evaluate greatness.

You don't understand basketball or English it seems, MJ didn't say anything about idolising or guarding, they were different positions. He was asked 'who do you think is the best player of all time', to which he replied 'apart from me, Hakeem olajuwon'. You seem to be more fixated on a players legacy which is fine I guess but understanding the competitiveness of different eras accordingly is important. Like I said in the past Hakeem is underrated. You can make a case for Kareem as they never played but if you've watched the 95 finals (I doubt it), he bullied Shaq in every game. Although Shaq didn't quite hit his prime it wasn't even close

If it wasn't clear enough saying someone's your idol doesn't remotely imply they are better than you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MamzZass

And your point about him only putting up stats in the post season. So? Every NBA fan knows that lebron cruises through regular season because there is no challenge even in the eastern conf playoffs so he has no need to be dominant.

Put is this way, if lebron faced what okc or gs faced this postseason talent wise, no way he wins against gs. He is basically always at full strength in the finals where whoever comes out the West is banged up and exhausted.

Gsw, okc, sa, lac are the elite team in the West.
Cavs are the only elite team in the east.

Everyone knows that.
Lebron was dominant, i agree.
but u are saying this like Lebron is doing it every year and he is winning as well.
and please don't just be a fanatic, Cavs are not the only elite team in the east.
LeBron cruised past the regular season, please... was he sleeping?
Reply 693
Lol Draymond dropping dick pics on Snapchat, what's wrong with this guy

LMFAO man initially said ' i was hacked ' :rofl: :lol:
Reply 694
Cavs are not the only elite team in the east.

Who are the other elite teams in the East??
Everyone knows that.
Lebron was dominant, i agree.
but u are saying this like Lebron is doing it every year and he is winning as well.
and please don't just be a fanatic, Cavs are not the only elite team in the east.
LeBron cruised past the regular season, please... was he sleeping?

Relatively cruising... I.e not close to peak intensity. He doesn't literally mean one hand tied behind his back.

Original post by eden3

Doubtful but if Rose can find his rhythm again. Contract year for him and Noah, theyre working their asses off at the moment. If they could find their all NBA first team form though or even close to it Cavs have got a problem. I see Porzingis hitting the weights these days too.
If theres another elite team in the East why did the Cavs go 12-2 leading up to the Finals? I don't consider Raptors elite when both of their stars choked and it isn't the first time. At least GS have the majority of their players show up on a given night. Although with their bench gone and adding a choker in KD it makes things real interesting now :colone:
You don't understand basketball or English it seems, MJ didn't say anything about idolising or guarding, they were different positions. He was asked 'who do you think is the best player of all time', to which he replied 'apart from me, Hakeem olajuwon'. You seem to be more fixated on a players legacy which is fine I guess but understanding the competitiveness of different eras accordingly is important. Like I said in the past Hakeem is underrated. You can make a case for Kareem as they never played but if you've watched the 95 finals (I doubt it), he bullied Shaq in every game. Although Shaq didn't quite hit his prime it wasn't even close

If it wasn't clear enough saying someone's your idol doesn't remotely imply they are better than you.

your English is clear i see it. But basketball is not literature open ur brain save it.
i doubt that in 1995, u were already born and watching NBA finals, but thanks to youtube. i can now know your stats are coming from pictures from the internet, you are very smart,maybe u need the "Basketball for dummies".
comparing the dominance of a veteran in 1995 like Hakeem to a rookie like Shaq is non sense.

Lebron said one day Kobe is the Best so Kobe is better than Lebron?.
Original post by eden3

HEAT-Celtics-Bulls, you need more?
your English is clear i see it. But basketball is not literature open ur brain save it.
i doubt that in 1995, u were already born and watching NBA finals, but thanks to youtube. i can now know your stats are coming from pictures from the internet, you are very smart,maybe u need the "Basketball for dummies".
comparing the dominance of a veteran in 1995 like Hakeem to a rookie like Shaq is non sense.

Lebron said one day Kobe is the Best so Kobe is better than Lebron?.

I think I just about understood what you wrote, I was 10 months at the time of the 95 finals so yeah I did end up watching it later *shock* Shaq peaked way earlier than you probably realise. He was dropping almost 30 in the 95 season. He pretty much came into the league maxed out. Do you think 95 Shaq was underdeveloped or something?

Again, look up the phrase false modesty and realise the difference.

Quick Reply

Latest