The Student Room Group

Dos and Don'ts when it come to texting girls

I seem to get girl's numbers quite easily, but I can't help but think that I always mess up texting.

Got any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I seem to get girl's numbers quite easily, but I can't help but think that I always mess up texting.

Got any advice?

be sober and no d**k pics and you should be ok just talk and be interesting talk about your day and ask about their's it works every time
Do not be boring , sound interesting even if you are not and try to be yourself and ask what their interests are what their thoughts on things so you can have a common topic if you like the Same things
Reply 3
Don't text everyday with "hey how are you" because it gets annoying and is a turn off :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just don't be overly interested/boring. :smile:

I wouldn't really know texting etiquette though, all the numbers I get end up being flakes after about five messages.
Text them to set up logistics if you're just dating them. Leave the longer stuff for when you're in a relationship mate
Misc taught me that if you are texting a girl you like, not to text for hours on end. Set up a date quickly, and leave the convo at the best moment so the girl is left wanting more.(Also they will think you are busy which is a good thing)

Also from personal experience don't just message "Hey". Be yourself and try to be funny but dont overdoit. Basically text her like your friends but dont text hours on end, be abit flirty, and set up a date
Don't text "Yeah, texting her now. Seems like a right ****, should have her in bed by the weekend" then text "Oops... so sorry, wrong number, I wasn't walking about you I swear!"
I strongly advice against "hi how r u".
Reply 9
How many sentences do you try to stick to? 1 or 2?

If the girl is responding with texts that are 4/5 lines long so I stick to 1 or 2 lines or do I start to make my texts a bit longer?
Original post by Anonymous

Got any advice?

Avoid "send me a pic"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Id say be normal & be confident
Don't say yo
If she is sending dead replies like "yeah", klkl" "dunno" "okay" - dont keep pestering her, she is not interested and does not want to come across rude
Original post by WoodyMKC
Don't text "Yeah, texting her now. Seems like a right ****, should have her in bed by the weekend" then text "Oops... so sorry, wrong number, I wasn't walking about you I swear!"

There is no way to redeem yourself from that.

Her response "Oh, so you're texting other girls then"
How the fffffffffff do you mess up texting, they made it easier for people to communicate and people still can't manage.

What a mess.

Just be yourself
Original post by xobeauty
How the fffffffffff do you mess up texting, they made it easier for people to communicate and people still can't manage.

What a mess.

Just be yourself

truth
Reply 17
Original post by jamesthehustler
be sober and no d**k pics and you should be ok just talk and be interesting talk about your day and ask about their's it works every time

seriously what is it with guys doing that?! 5 seconds into the conversation and they send me several dick pics that i didn't ask for! ffs we're not men, we don't get turned on by the site of your wrinkly, tiny cocks. in fact if its too small we show it to our friends and have a good laugh!

STOP. SENDING. DICK. PICS. MEN!!! unless she asks for them...
Original post by xobeauty

What a mess.

Just be yourself

I find talking irl easier to be honest, because its easy to tell if they want to talk or not. With texting it gets harder especially if someone is busy so takes long to reply
Original post by saraxh
Don't say yo

yo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending