The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Is there a difference between ncs and ncs the challenge?
Original post by Pix2015
Im doing it by myself. I'm not that worried, I prefer being by myself and I'm sure there will be others by themselves too. Yeah I didn't do it last year and regret it, so I decided I was definitely doing this year. I start on the 1st August but haven't seen anyone on here with the same start date. So have you been put in the waiting list for every programme and hoping you get a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the opposite; I really need to be with someone I know.

I have a place for the 27th now, but the venue is different to my friends'! :angry::s-smilie:
So -- anyone doing the 27th July programme that meets at the Father O'Callaghan Centre? Please tell me if you are, unfortunately I have to go alone and I think I'll die not knowing anyone :frown:
no unfortunately, that sounds awesome, I'm going to Surrey PGL
Original post by cherryblossoming
I'm the opposite; I really need to be with someone I know.

I have a place for the 27th now, but the venue is different to my friends'! :angry::s-smilie:

Aww, don't worry you will be fine. As I said there will be so many people in the same boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On day 1 are there gonna be many people wearing the ncs t-shirt or nah? (Btw those who are starting on 27th are you going to wear it?)
Original post by geniequeen48
On day 1 are there gonna be many people wearing the ncs t-shirt or nah? (Btw those who are starting on 27th are you going to wear it?)

No, practically no one wears them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting on August 7th, and going to the Snowdonia, Wales. Anyone else?
Original post by Petrifiedcat
I'm starting on August 7th, and going to the Snowdonia, Wales. Anyone else?

im going snowdonia wales but i go on sunday 31st of july :frown:
I've just got home from high ahurst in Surrey and I've had an amazing week 2 days off now then off to Wolverhampton uni on Saturday.
I don't like NCS anymore because there are some dicks
Original post by geniequeen48

Some do, not everyone. You should take it with you to wear when you're doing something where your clothes might get dirty. :smile:
Original post by Kryptonian
I don't like NCS anymore because there are some dicks

It just depends on who you are with I wasn't sure to start off with but I'm actually loving all 69 people in our wave and the first day of phase 2 is pretty good now I have completed it 😊😊
I'm starting today from Leeds going to Argyll in Scotland, anyone joining me?
Starting today from Birmingham going Snowdonia north Wales anyone going ??
Original post by gro
Is there a difference between ncs and ncs the challenge?

No, The Challenge is a group that provides NCS. Both are NCS, one is just run by The Challenge and one isn't.
Went last year

you go hiking and they say bring boots that are suitable in my case you didn't need to because they literally have an entire cabin full and give them to everyone, if you do decide to then take a bag because they will get muddy!!!

Two more main things:

1) A deck of cards makes any trip less awkward
2) make friends with at least one person because you WILL go camping and its maaaaaaaad awkward sleeping next to someone who you have not interacted with for the entire time.

MOST IMPORTANT RULE:

Spoiler

Does anyone else have a big case, I feel like mines too big :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
Does anyone else have a big case, I feel like mines too big :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines big too!!! And I feel the same! I'm so nervous, I go today AHHH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanyjx
Mines big too!!! And I feel the same! I'm so nervous, I go today AHHH

Posted from TSR Mobile