The Student Room Group

Citizens of European countries need to start protesting the refugee / migrant intake

Germans are organising protests against the refugee / migrant intake: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/694786/Merkelmussweg-protest-Berlin-Angela-Merkel-refugee-policy-immigration-Germany

Other European countries should do this too including UK. Is is up to us if we let our countries get turned into 3rd world countries merged with the Middle East

Scroll to see replies

Original post by orton6
Germans are organising protests against the refugee / migrant intake: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/694786/Merkelmussweg-protest-Berlin-Angela-Merkel-refugee-policy-immigration-Germany

Other European countries should do this too including UK. Is is up to us if we let our countries get turned into 3rd world countries merged with the Middle East

Nope
Reply 2
Our intake is tiny, what's the need?
Unfortunately, most conservatives who oppose mass migration don't have the same amount of time on their hands as trendy workless liberals from Goldsmith.
Original post by Reue

Think he means other EU countries, like Germany/Sweden which is less tiny?
Original post by Reue

300,000 people per year - many of whom unskilled - is not tiny
Reply 6
Original post by philo-jitsu
Think he means other EU countries, like Germany/Sweden which is less tiny?

UK specifically mentioned*
Reply 7
Original post by jake4198
300,000 people per year - many of whom unskilled - is not tiny

I was referring to the illegal economic migrants.
Original post by jake4198
Unfortunately, most conservatives who oppose mass migration don't have the same amount of time on their hands as trendy workless liberals from Goldsmith.

The contrast in opinions does tend to correlate with location, London/cities with better job markets which have seen benefit from migrants, vs northern towns with less economic stability job prospects who don't benefit as much from migration, mass migration anyway.
Original post by Reue
UK specifically mentioned*

Your right, but other EU countries intake, which he also mentions, are far from tiny.
The contrast in opinions does tend to correlate with location, London/cities with better job markets which have seen benefit from migrants, vs northern towns with less economic stability job prospects who don't benefit as much from migration, mass migration anyway.

What a great idea, shove them all in London. I never plan to live there anyway.
Reply 11
Your right, but other EU countries intake, which he also mentions, are far from tiny.

Who cares about them? If they wish to destroy their own countries then let them. The EU disaster is coming to an end soon regardless.
Original post by Reue
Who cares about them? If they wish to destroy their own countries then let them. The EU disaster is coming to an end soon regardless.

I like traveling in Europe, the cities culture/history/architecture are dope, I'd hate to see it destroyed (yes that is an exaggeration but that is my reasoning for caring), Also I believe trading with EU nations post Brexit isn't out of the question and may be pivotal in Britain's economic stability going ahead (I have limited knowledge In this area so feel free to educate me if I'm wrong). I don't think unrest in Europe is good for anyone really.
Original post by orton6

Technically under German law those protesters are now Hate criminals.
Wait they haven't been protesting already...?
You give the OP far too muich credit. He is basically xenophobic and anti muslim fro hos pevious posyings, backed up by the Daily Express. He doesnt understand the difference between a migrant, an asylum seeker and a refugee.
Original post by 999tigger
You give the OP far too muich credit. He is basically xenophobic and anti muslim fro hos pevious posyings, backed up by the Daily Express. He doesnt understand the difference between a migrant, an asylum seeker and a refugee.

a) Throwing labels around without justification doesn't make you any smarter
b) When a chunk of the migrants aren't genuine refugees, thats understandable
c) With all the attacks in the past two weeks, and the rise in sex crimes since the migrants arrived, why should we bother to draw distinctions?
Original post by MildredMalone
a) Throwing labels around without justification doesn't make you any smarter
b) When a chunk of the migrants aren't genuine refugees, thats understandable
c) With all the attacks in the past two weeks, and the rise in sex crimes since the migrants arrived, why should we bother to draw distinctions?

They have different meanings and refer to different groups of people. using them interchangably just illustrated he doesnt understand the difference. Its always a good start if you wnat to discuss the ossies, to know who you are referring to ratehr than being out by a factor of 100. You carry on though.
Original post by 999tigger
They have different meanings and refer to different groups of people. using them interchangably just illustrated he doesnt understand the difference. Its always a good start if you wnat to discuss the ossies, to know who you are referring to ratehr than being out by a factor of 100. You carry on though.

Refugees are a type of migrant though, there's nothing wrong with using a catch-all phrase, especially when we've already established a good number aren't genuine refugees.
Original post by MildredMalone
Refugees are a type of migrant though, there's nothing wrong with using a catch-all phrase, especially when we've already established a good number aren't genuine refugees.

So what are you complaining about? Refugees or migrants?

The OP is a person who doesnt understand that what refugees we take is giverned by international agreements and not the EU. Uts all been explained to him several times, but he just wont accept it.

If you want to start debate on antionality and immgration law, then feel free, except im off out. At least know what you are talking about in terms of the basic law though.

If you wnat to use the phrase migrant as meaning refugee then its rather clumsy at best because regugees may be migrants but not all migrants are refugees. Its the same sort of nonsense with people referring to muslims as terrorists. Just be accurate or choose to be ignorant.

Quick Reply

Latest