The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Hmmmmm :ninjagirl:

May Allah reward all of you. Ameen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Asalamualaikum,

It is prohibted to fast on Fridays unless it is joined with the day before (thursday) or day after (saturday) generally.

However exceptions are ayam baeed (three days in the month), fasts of shawwal, fasting dawud (fast one day miss the next) and other similar presscibed fasts.

Allah Knows Best. I may be wrong this is from memory and on my phone.
Not sure if I understand. Can I not fast only on Friday? Why not because I struggle to do it 2 days.
Original post by guided1
Not sure if I understand. Can I not fast only on Friday? Why not because I struggle to do it 2 days.

You can if it is coincidentally but you can't specify Friday to fast by itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
If I had a pound for everytime I heard the words 'women' 'oppressed' 'Islam' in the same sentence on this site, I'd be loaded.
:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ikr. They nitpick verses without the understanding of why they were revealed. Life was different then but they dont want to know.
Original post by guided1

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘None of you should fast on a Friday unless he fasts the day before or the day after.’”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1849, Muslim, 1929)

It is makhrooh (disliked) to single out fridays to fast on their own.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1105
Original post by HAnwar
If I had a pound for everytime I heard the words 'women' 'oppressed' 'Islam' in the same sentence on this site, I'd be loaded.
:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool I missed this out...good one...I am with you girl.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘None of you should fast on a Friday unless he fasts the day before or the day after.’”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1849, Muslim, 1929)

It is makhrooh (disliked) to single out fridays to fast on their own.
Is it better to not fast than to fast just on a friday?
Original post by guided1
I have seen the thread where the atheists are going on about raping slaves. They dont understand that it isnt rape if the the man owns the slave because she is his property and so has a right to her. I was troubled at first but someone posted about some scholars explaining it and you have explained that if the man doesnt own the slave it is rape. Thanks for clearing that up in my mind brother mashallah.

Even if a man owns a female captive it is impermissible to rape her.

Rape is from the kabair (Major Sins). Islam only permits consensual sexual intercourse between the two parties.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by guided1
Is it better to not fast than to fast just on a friday?

Yes one should not fast only on a friday but rather should join it with the day before or day after.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Could you give some names, please.

The majority of the ISOC have never objected to taking rulings from IslamQA generally (instead actively using them), so I find your objection to be somewhat peculiar... It is also worth mentioning that although a number of the ISOC members have differing madhabs and may not all personally label themselves as Salafi, there is general acceptance and leanings towards their aims and principles from these same users, and thus you would find that many here accept IslamQA as a valid and reliable source of rulings even if say they were raised within the Hanafi madhab, for example; several of us would also personally label ourselves as Salafi leaning anyway.

So you're saying you're some kind of mainstream Sunni/salafi hybrid? Fair enough.

Thoughts on:

1. Are ISIS Muslim?
2. Holding Khatam's?
3. Women in the workplace?

Not attacking you, just curious.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Don't quote islamqa in here
I thought it was ok because Ive seen some of the old members here use it.
Has anyone read "The Islamic Exceptionalism" by Shaadi Hamid? If yes, what did you think?
Original post by guided1
ikr. They nitpick verses without the understanding of why they were revealed. Life was different then but they dont want to know.

Innit. Apparently they know how all Muslim women feel. Amazing.

Original post by h333
Lool I missed this out...good one...I am with you girl.

:five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand people who stick to one madhhab tbh. I pick and choose the ones that makes the most sense to me.They are all valid positions innit? Is there something wrong with doing this?
Original post by FishLover
I don't understand people who stick to one madhhab tbh. I pick and choose the ones that makes the most sense to me.They are all valid positions innit? Is there something wrong with doing this?

Yes there is. You don't have the knowledge to "pick and choose" from what great scholars of the past have said, so you'll just be doing what's convenient to you, rather than having the purest intentions of committing good acts and avoiding son (even if you're doing it subconsciously).
Just a question. So prophet Muhamed personally participated in only 27 raids. He would always watch from a save place with his bodyquards. So, was Muhamed a coward? Otherwise the Hadiths would certainly glorify his courage and yet there is a no a sentence about him personally battling the infidels.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
So you're saying you're some kind of mainstream Sunni/salafi hybrid? Fair enough.

Thoughts on:

1. Are ISIS Muslim?
2. Holding Khatam's?
3. Women in the workplace?

Not attacking you, just curious.

I am saying that we collectively try to hold traditional Sunni views close to the first generations; some of us may have different views on some fiqh issues but we do not state that IslamQA is an invalid authority on fiqh, even if not everyone takes from it.

1. I do not know if they classify as Muslims or not, but at the very least they are extremely sinful and astray. In any case, they have made takfir on so many people that chances are that in many cases it would backfire on themselves, but Allah knows best whether the individuals that make up ISIS are Muslim; I have not read into any scholarly opinions on the actual issue of whether they are Muslim or not other than to say they are astray.
2. I do not know what a Khattam is (I don't think I have ever done it), so could you briefly explain what it is please.
3. Women in the work place is a broad topic covering many different things and therefore things have to be understood on a case by case basis. I am not specifically sure what you want to know because even asking 'can women work?' is not specific enough.
It has been narrated on the authority of Anas that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) had his front teeth damaged on the day of the Battle of Uhud, and got a wound on his head. He was wiping the blood (from his face) and was saying how will these people attain salvation who have wounded their Prophet and broken his tooth while he called them towards God?

Sahih Muslim 1791

Narrated Sahl:

That he was asked about the wound of the Prophet (ﷺ) on the day (of the battle) of Uhud. He said, "The face of the Prophet (ﷺ) as wounded and one of his front teeth as broken and the helmet over his head was smashed. Fatima washed of the blood while `Ali held water. When she saw that bleeding was increasing continuously, she burnt a mat (of date-palm leaves) till it turned into ashes which she put over the wound and thus the bleeding ceased."

Sahih al-Bukhari 2911

صلى الله عليه وسلم
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by slaven
Just a question. So prophet Muhamed personally participated in only 27 raids. He would always watch from a save place with his bodyquards. So, was Muhamed a coward? Otherwise the Hadiths would certainly glorify his courage and yet there is a no a sentence about him personally battling the infidels.

I believe your information is incorrect.

It is narrated in many narrations that when the companions looked for the Prophet during battles they would find him in the front lines leading the charge.
Original post by guided1
I thought it was ok because Ive seen some of the old members here use it.

It is. It's a legitimate Muslim website :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending