The Student Room Group

Deloitte online blended assessment?

Hello all (yes, me again.)

Got an email today inviting me to take Deloitte's 'blended online assessment' and I'm wondering what exactly is this?

A quick google (and i mean quick) hasn't given me anything, is this just Deloitte's way of referring to numeracy, verbal, critical thinking testing, or is it something different altogether?

Oh, and I've been given 5 days to complete it, so any speedy responses would be greatly appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jxh499

Got an email today inviting me to take Deloitte's 'blended online assessment' and I'm wondering what exactly is this?

A quick google (and i mean quick) hasn't given me anything, is this just Deloitte's way of referring to numeracy, verbal, critical thinking testing, or is it something different altogether?

Oh, and I've been given 5 days to complete it, so any speedy responses would be greatly appreciated!

Numeracy, verbal and critical thinking - it's quite easy so don't worry about it
Reply 2
thank you! I had a check on my application status, and it even said the test provider, (using Capp this time, not sure what they've used before) should have looked with my eyes not my elbows! but thank you for the response anyway!
Hi jxh499, - firstly this was the first thing I have found on the internet about the 'blended assessment', so thanks!

I have to take mine in 5 days time also, and I've never done anything like this before. I was just wondering if you could shed some light on what it was like exactly, and how best to prepare.

Thanks for your time. .
Reply 4
Sat my tests Friday, 8pm and got a message today 11am saying I've made it through to the next round. What's really interesting is that they gave me my results, a feedback sheet of my assessment literally moments after completing the test. I scored twice below average, once average, and twice above average, in their various criteria, so read into that what you will!

As for the assessment, they say it should take an hour on the email, but in actual fact it takes much much longer! There's no time limit for any of the exercises, and regardless of the situational strengths tests at the start, they say you should allow 20 minutes for the Numeracy, and 40 minutes at least for the numerical reasoning. So all in all, the testing took me 1hr 30mins+

For the testing, it's conducted by a company called Capp. What's interesting about them is that they do not have a time-limit, there assessments are time-recorded, and a combination of speed and accuracy is taken into account (If you log onto a site called JobMi, you can practice some of there tests). Now for the breakdown of the test:

1. Situational Strength Test: you start with this and it is 22 questions long, they have no time limit, and are very Deloitte/ service line specific. No need to practice as they ask you to be honest with your answers as they are trying to gauge what sort of worker you are

2. Numerical reasoning test: This was 12 questions long, and as soon as you start the test, a timer starts, and records how long you are spending on each question. I implore everyone taking to do some practice on these questions! Its not rocket science maths, and there isn't a time restriction, but you certainly feel the pressure, and its good to answer them in good time.

3. Verbal Reasoning: This is by far the longest part of the assessment and its broken into multiple sections. A verbal dexterity test, how accurate a worker are you, judgement test, critical reasoning, a logical reasoning, and a reading comprehension. They are similar to any other verbal reasoning tests out there, so do a bit of revision. My advice would be for those who struggle on this, really read up on the distinguishing factors between True, False, Cannot say i.e. what indicators can you identify for each conclusion. My top tip is really focus on outlining when you should answer cannot say, as I feel this is a real sticking point for people, especially if you don't study a deeply/rigorously analytical and subjective.

Please feel free to message me and I'd be happy to share some notes, and finally.... GOOD LUCK! to those who are yet to sit it! Final bit of advice, and i cannot stress this enough, is take the tests when you are appropriately fed, rested, watered, and haven't had a long day at work like I had!! It is a relatively straight forward process but it is very mental taxing, and In my tired state I worked myself up into a panicJ
Congrats on passing and good luck for your interview!!Thanks for the advice, I found it really helpful. Going to try and do some practice (esp the verbal reasoning) in the next couple of days then, before attempting the test.
Original post by jxh499
Sat my tests Friday, 8pm and got a message today 11am saying I've made it through to the next round. What's really interesting is that they gave me my results, a feedback sheet of my assessment literally moments after completing the test. I scored twice below average, once average, and twice above average, in their various criteria, so read into that what you will! *As for the assessment, they say it should take an hour on the email, but in actual fact it takes much much longer! There's no time limit for any of the exercises, and regardless of the situational strengths tests at the start, they say you should allow 20 minutes for the Numeracy, and 40 minutes at least for the numerical reasoning. So all in all, the testing took me 1hr 30mins+

For the testing, it's conducted by a company called Capp. What's interesting about them is that they do not have a time-limit, there assessments are time-recorded, and a combination of speed and accuracy is taken into account (If you log onto a site called JobMi, you can practice some of there tests). Now for the breakdown of the test:

1. Situational Strength Test: you start with this and it is 22 questions long, they have no time limit, and are very Deloitte/ service line specific. No need to practice as they ask you to be honest with your answers as they are trying to gauge what sort of worker you are

2. Numerical reasoning test: This was 12 questions long, and as soon as you start the test, a timer starts, and records how long you are spending on each question. I implore everyone taking to do some practice on these questions! Its not rocket science maths, and there isn't a time restriction, but you certainly feel the pressure, and its good to answer them in good time.

3. Verbal Reasoning: This is by far the longest part of the assessment and its broken into multiple sections. A verbal dexterity test, how accurate a worker are you, judgement test, critical reasoning, a logical reasoning, and a reading comprehension. They are similar to any other verbal reasoning tests out there, so do a bit of revision. My advice would be for those who struggle on this, really read up on the distinguishing factors between True, False, Cannot say i.e. what indicators can you identify for each conclusion. My top tip is really focus on outlining when you should answer cannot say, as I feel this is a real sticking point for people, especially if you don't study a deeply/rigorously analytical and subjective.

Please feel free to message me and I'd be happy to share some notes, and finally.... GOOD LUCK! to those who are yet to sit it! Final bit of advice, and i cannot stress this enough, is take the tests when you are appropriately fed, rested, watered, and haven't had a long day at work like I had!! It is a relatively straight forward process but it is very mental taxing, and In my tired state I worked myself up into a panicJ

hey! What position was this for? I'm looking at Deloitte m and a role and wondered if it's a similar thing ?
Original post by jxh499

hey what position is this for? I'm looking at m and a graduate advisory*
Reply 8
Hi Sreddy17,This was for Risk Advisory, I'm afraid I wouldn't know if it was the same exact testing or process, but I'd assume that it would be similar, if not Identical. As i believe, the testing online is just a bench marking tool, as in you meet them and proceed, or you don't and get rejected (This is what I've inferred from a conversation with the student recruitment team). Particular aspects like the service line questionnaire and the initial application questions, motivation and what they ask may differ as well.I'm sorry I can't be much help!
Original post by jxh499
Hi Sreddy17,This was for Risk Advisory, I'm afraid I wouldn't know if it was the same exact testing or process, but I'd assume that it would be similar, if not Identical. As i believe, the testing online is just a bench marking tool, as in you meet them and proceed, or you don't and get rejected (This is what I've inferred from a conversation with the student recruitment team). Particular aspects like the service line questionnaire and the initial application questions, motivation and what they ask may differ as well.I'm sorry I can't be much help!

hey that's great thanks for ur response did u apply for the graduate role :smile: ?
Reply 10
I did indeed apply for the graduate scheme. For reference, I applied two weeks ago on the Monday. They asked me to do their cosmic cadet (believe me its as cringey as it sounds) app testing within a couple of days, I was asked the Monday afterwards to sit the testing ideally within the first 5 working days, and then this Monday I got confirmation of my progression to the next stage. So Deloitte have been very communicative, and have made the process simple and easy. The student recruiters have also been really helpful, and try to answer your questions within a working day, which is very refreshing as it means your not left out in the dark
Reply 11
Original post by lucasleong
Well done! have they notified you of when the next stage is?

Hi Lucas, Not as of yet, I only received the confirmation of progression yesterday at 11am, so I'm guessing I'll know by the end of the week/start of the next. But that is a pure estimate!
Original post by jxh499
I did indeed apply for the graduate scheme. For reference, I applied two weeks ago on the Monday. They asked me to do their cosmic cadet (believe me its as cringey as it sounds) app testing within a couple of days, I was asked the Monday afterwards to sit the testing ideally within the first 5 working days, and then this Monday I got confirmation of my progression to the next stage. So Deloitte have been very communicative, and have made the process simple and easy. The student recruiters have also been really helpful, and try to answer your questions within a working day, which is very refreshing as it means your not left out in the dark

Great sounds good! By next stage u mean first round interview right *?
Reply 13
I assume it would be first round interviews, on their website they say there is a service line questionnaire, but its not applicable to all then interviews, Once i know more i'll update this thread.
Original post by jxh499
I assume it would be first round interviews, on their website they say there is a service line questionnaire, but its not applicable to all then interviews, Once i know more i'll update this thread.

brilliant thanks, I've sent my application of just then so will let u know how I get on! Many thanks for ur help :smile:
Reply 15
No problem, good luck! I wish you all the best! Let me know if i can be of any help.
Reply 16
Hi just to check - how long was it between sending off the application form and hearing back from them for the first time? I sent mine off on Saturday afternoon so I'm hoping to hear within the next day or two :smile:
Original post by jxh499
No problem, good luck! I wish you all the best! Let me know if i can be of any help.

how long was it between sending off the first application and receiving something back, :smile:*
Reply 18
Hello there again sreddy17,

I think it was three days between applying and the advancement to the next stage. For reference here are the breakdown of my dates/timeline so far:

25/07: Submit Aplication
28/07: Invited to take the 'cosmic cadet' app assessment
01/08: Invited to take online blended assessment
05/08: Sat the Assessment
08/08: Informed I had progressed to the next stage - currently awaiting further information

I wouldn't panic about response times, so far they have been very swift in replying and very helpful. Also I can only hazard a guess that the speed at which Deloitte process your applications is impacted by the service line you've applied for, some will be longer and shorter than others, and the volume of applications they have received. So far I've noticed that Deloitte have informed me that they would always be in touch with me within 3 working days, and so far they have exceeded that!
Reply 19
Original post by jcm222
Hi just to check - how long was it between sending off the application form and hearing back from them for the first time? I sent mine off on Saturday afternoon so I'm hoping to hear within the next day or two :smile:

Terribly sorry jcm222, didn't see your notification, I've answered your question above with my reply to sready7.
I'd suppose you would hear within this week, but as mentioned as above, don't panic!Out of interest, what service line have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending