The Student Room Group

No Money, Desperate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LPauling
So he had 10 watches worth between 500 and 1000 which would cover the original loan and surely even one of his cars would cover the insurance as an 82 Bentley is worth around 12000???! So why he had to sell all his cars and his house doesn't ring true

he took the loan out and didn't pay for 2 years so
5,000X13 is 65,000
65,000x13 is 845,000
don't be scared, stay calm and just think of your interests. do you like animals, or children? perhaps you could try baby sitting or pet sitting. maybe walk dogs or work in any local shops?
Original post by jamesthehustler
he took the loan out and didn't pay for 2 years so
5,000X13 is 65,000
65,000x13 is 845,000

That is his own fault then why wouldnt you just sell half of your watches to get 5000 in oppose to bankrupting yourself.
Original post by LPauling
That is his own fault then why wouldnt you just sell half of your watches to get 5000 in oppose to bankrupting yourself.

would make more sense but well didn't tell his wife or any of his mistresses about the loan as they would drop him
well he went from a £1,000,000 house, a range rover vogue, a land rover discovery, a Bentley Mulsanne, an Aston martin vantage and a Porsche 911 along with 10 Rolexes and several gold chains to living in a Suzuki hatchback with a couple of small gold chains and a Cartier Santos

Doesn't sound like the sort of guy who'd need to borrow 5k.

Also, does everyone you know have a bizarre obsession with cars and jewellery?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
well he went from a £1,000,000 house, a range rover vogue, a land rover discovery, a Bentley Mulsanne, an Aston martin vantage and a Porsche 911 along with 10 Rolexes and several gold chains to living in a Suzuki hatchback with a couple of small gold chains and a Cartier Santos

Not making light of a very serious subject but if everything I've read about the intriguing subject of happiness is correct he was probably just as happy within a year of losing all that.

Edit oh,just seen the post about his wife and mistresses. I suspect he wasn't too happy :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by moggis
Not making light of a very serious subject but if everything I've read about the intriguing subject of happiness is correct he was probably just as happy within a year of losing all that.

Edit oh,just seen the post about his wife and mistresses. I suspect he wasn't too happy :s-smilie:

he tried to get his wife back you can guess how that went
then he remarried
Original post by shaymarriott
Doesn't sound like the sort of guy who'd need to borrow 5k.

Also, does everyone you know have a bizarre obsession with cars and jewellery?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

he borrowed 5k to give to one of his mistresses as his wife controlled all the banking stuff so she would have found out
you associate with those you know and most of them are people i have met through business and they like to talk about nostalgia
Reply 48
Thank you for all the suggestions and help guys, I managed to get some food vouchers from the Uni so have managed to eat and sold some old books so have managed to put some money on my electric. I've applied for every job I've found and done all the tips you guys suggested but no luck yet :frown: I have apologised to my parents but they're having none of it, it was a disagreement about religion, they found out I wasn't going to church while I was at University (they're very strong roman catholic) and that's why the cut me off as they said I was a disgrace to the family, a heretic and I was going to be punished for my morally wrong actions. Since then we haven't spoken despite me emailing, calling and texting.
Original post by RoseGreen15
Thank you for all the suggestions and help guys, I managed to get some food vouchers from the Uni so have managed to eat and sold some old books so have managed to put some money on my electric. I've applied for every job I've found and done all the tips you guys suggested but no luck yet :frown: I have apologised to my parents but they're having none of it, it was a disagreement about religion, they found out I wasn't going to church while I was at University (they're very strong roman catholic) and that's why the cut me off as they said I was a disgrace to the family, a heretic and I was going to be punished for my morally wrong actions. Since then we haven't spoken despite me emailing, calling and texting.

What utter nutjobs.

Got any good friends that could help you out till September?
BTW, how are you accessing the internet atm?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RoseGreen15

Well this is clearly an emergency so desp times call for desp measures.

Forget principles etc., you gotta eat and survive.

Assuming you're at university (not sure why in summer tho) and not at home - get yourself down to church. Go to confessional and say your hailmarys. Then get into it with a priest or even better the head of your Catholic Soc who will find you a sympathetic priest.

Get the priest or if you can swing it the diocesan welfare officer or a bishop to call your parents and explain that you're back at church, have confessed and it's all cool. If your parents are as heavy Catholics as they claim - they will literally not be able to not accept this as it's the liturgical business.

You'll have to start going to church a bit but it's better than going hungry

Theres a classic Blackadder scene which encapsulates this perfectly (although the opposite case) in which Blackadder states that all the unpleasantness of Sir Thomas More being burned at the stake for refusing to recant his Catholicism; could have been simply avoided by him...recanting his Catholicism.

Do what you got to do
Make £200 - £400 pm using your mobile. I know it isn't a lot but it sure comes in handy. Really easy to do. Just call a number a few times a day and get paid for it. What's not to like? :smile:
Any update OP?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending