The Student Room Group

My depression is back and I've ruined my relationship

My happy mood lasted less than a week. And now I'm ****ing depressed. AGAIN. And during that short time, I've managed to completely wreck my amazing relationship. Not to mention the fact that I also spent a lot of money on various useless stuff (I had access to the money but it was my partner's money. I didn't 'steal' it but he's annoyed as hell because of what I spent the money on). My friend is annoyed with me too, because of what I did with their partner (I was drunk, I feel bad about it now). There's just no cure for this ****. Kill me #endrant
Do you suffer from bipolar?

I'm asking this in a very genuine way rather than making a childish joke.
Reply 2
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Do you suffer from bipolar?

I'm asking this in a very genuine way rather than making a childish joke.

No. Although I was (mis)diagnosed with bipolar in the past. But I don't, I've always had these mood shifts, that's just my personality, not a 'mental illness'.
Original post by Ciel.
No. Although I was (mis)diagnosed with bipolar in the past. But I don't, I've always had these mood shifts, that's just my personality, not a 'mental illness'.

I could get over the money very easily, the fact you did ''something'' with your friends partner, not so much.
Reply 4
I could get over the money very easily, the fact you did ''something'' with your friends partner, not so much.

Yeah. That wasn't the first time, either, so I can't blame him. But I just thought that I hated him. So I didn't care, I know it sounds strange. But I actually wanted to break up with him. It was a mistake, I don't know why I thought that.
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah. That wasn't the first time, either, so I can't blame him. But I just thought that I hated him. So I didn't care, I know it sounds strange. But I actually wanted to break up with him. It was a mistake, I don't know why I thought that.

I personally don't understand how someone can do this to their partner, then shortly after regret, I'm not even telling you off since I know this sort of thing is really common.
Reply 6
I personally don't understand how someone can do this to their partner, then shortly after regret, I'm not even telling you off since I know this sort of thing is really common.

I wasn't really myself at the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify anything here, just explaining my reasons.
Original post by Ciel.
My happy mood lasted less than a week. And now I'm ****ing depressed. AGAIN. And during that short time, I've managed to completely wreck my amazing relationship. Not to mention the fact that I also spent a lot of money on various useless stuff (I had access to the money but it was my partner's money. I didn't 'steal' it but he's annoyed as hell because of what I spent the money on). My friend is annoyed with me too, because of what I did with their partner (I was drunk, I feel bad about it now). There's just no cure for this ****. Kill me #endrant

If you haven't by now, issue a grovelling apology to your partner and friend and less of the drinking
Original post by Ciel.

It may be worth seeing a psychotherapist as it is possible that you have a personality disorder (i.e. it is your personality but the personality is outside a normal functioning range). If that turns out to be the case, they may be able to help - but personality disorders are generally harder to treat than mental illness as it is literally someone's personality. Sorry to be blunt.
Reply 9
Original post by Pinkberry_y
If you haven't by now, issue a grovelling apology to your partner and friend and less of the drinking

We still live together but I think that he still kinda hates me, eh.

Original post by natninja
It may be worth seeing a psychotherapist as it is possible that you have a personality disorder (i.e. it is your personality but the personality is outside a normal functioning range). If that turns out to be the case, they may be able to help - but personality disorders are generally harder to treat than mental illness as it is literally someone's personality. Sorry to be blunt.

Thanks for advice but any kind of counseling/therapy just isn't for me.
Original post by Ciel.

U are letting the depression act as an excuse for you being reckless an
Reply 11
Original post by Jesus Biggs
U are letting the depression act as an excuse for you being reckless an

WTF, you are supposed to be merciful, Jesus. IMPOSTER.
Original post by Ciel.
WTF, you are supposed to be merciful, Jesus. IMPOSTER.

Depression is NOT an excuse tho is it? Bad behaviour is bad behaviour. You listed actions which suggest over entitlement and lack of respect.
I wouldn't let I get away with it.
You need to step back and check into your humility

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending