The Student Room Group

Genital warts are ruining my life

Hi,

Just need to get this off my chest because I'm having a horrible summer :frown: on 20th June I found a wart which I thought was a piece of excess skin.. When I was looking in the mirror to shave down there I was horrified that I noticed warts everywhere and went to the doc who told me it was genutal warts. I went to the GUM clinic and never cried so much as I thought I'd never develop an std (I only lost my virginity a few months ago) and I'm 21. I've had 3 intense cryotherapy sessions and been applying aldara cream for 6 weeks now. They are bringing me in for cyro every 2 weeks because my outbreak is so bad and there is no difference. At the vaginal opening the warts are bigger than a thumb nail there's about 5 that size Icahn imagine how long that will take to clear. I am healthy and exercise but I've been so committed to it in order to boost my immune system, I don't smoke and I've stopped with alcohol for a while. Mentally they are ruining me, I feel like a disease, unworthy, I feel like j don't deserve a future boyfriend while all my friends are happy in relationships and I've told nobody about these because it's so shameful. I'm really struggling ;(
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Just need to get this off my chest because I'm having a horrible summer :frown: on 20th June I found a wart which I thought was a piece of excess skin.. When I was looking in the mirror to shave down there I was horrified that I noticed warts everywhere and went to the doc who told me it was genutal warts. I went to the GUM clinic and never cried so much as I thought I'd never develop an std (I only lost my virginity a few months ago) and I'm 21. I've had 3 intense cryotherapy sessions and been applying aldara cream for 6 weeks now. They are bringing me in for cyro every 2 weeks because my outbreak is so bad and there is no difference. At the vaginal opening the warts are bigger than a thumb nail there's about 5 that size Icahn imagine how long that will take to clear. I am healthy and exercise but I've been so committed to it in order to boost my immune system, I don't smoke and I've stopped with alcohol for a while. Mentally they are ruining me, I feel like a disease, unworthy, I feel like j don't deserve a future boyfriend while all my friends are happy in relationships and I've told nobody about these because it's so shameful. I'm really struggling ;(

How do the warts look like? Are they itchy? Do you get discomfort? Did you use protection? Just try and be positive, they'll probably varnish in no time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi,

Did you have unprotected sex?

What's done is done, just be glad its treatable and eventually virus should leave your body (virus is cleared from the body within 2 years according to wikipedia. You should ask your doctor/clinician about this though).

And most importantly, unless you're with a long term partner who you trust, ALWAYS ALWAYS use protection.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by maggie43
How do the warts look like? Are they itchy? Do you get discomfort? Did you use protection? Just try and be positive, they'll probably varnish in no time

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are in clumps and are flesh coloured. They are only itchy after aldara has been left on them a while but that was said by the doc that it could happen
Reply 4
Original post by maggie43

Posted from TSR Mobile
I bloody well hope not.

GP
Take this brush and some shellac...
Reply 5
Original post by Virgil.
Did you have unprotected sex?

What's done is done, just be glad its treatable and eventually virus should leave your body (virus is cleared from the body within 2 years according to wikipedia. You should ask your doctor/clinician about this though).

And most importantly, unless you're with a long term partner who you trust, ALWAYS ALWAYS use protection.

It was unprotected sex :frown:
I've definitely learned my lesson not to trust anyone ever again. The nurse said if they don't come back after 6 months it is likely they won't return
Hi,

Aww OP, I'm so sorry. This isn't a nice situation to be in at all. However, you should not feel ashamed or unworthy because of this. Would you think that about someone who caught the flu?
Reply 7
Original post by Hamo2509
Aww OP, I'm so sorry. This isn't a nice situation to be in at all. However, you should not feel ashamed or unworthy because of this. Would you think that about someone who caught the flu?

It's horrible it's ruining my happiness and I feel like a slut. It's because there is still a huge stigma of stds atm
It's horrible it's ruining my happiness and I feel like a slut. It's because there is still a huge stigma of stds atm

Don't think of yourself like that. You trusted someone to have unprotected sex and sadly your faith in them was misplaced. We all make silly mistakes. I imagine this time next year it'll be totally cleared up and you'll have forgotten all about it :smile:
Reply 9
It was unprotected sex :frown:
I've definitely learned my lesson not to trust anyone ever again. The nurse said if they don't come back after 6 months it is likely they won't return

Yes, warts will vanish fairly soon and most likely to not come back, but as I understand the warts disappearing does not necessarily mean the virus has left your body completely (sometimes it can just become latent).

So would speak to doctor/clinician about that possibility and what treatment if any you can take to help get it out of you for good.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hamo2509
Don't think of yourself like that. You trusted someone to have unprotected sex and sadly your faith in them was misplaced. We all make silly mistakes. I imagine this time next year it'll be totally cleared up and you'll have forgotten all about it :smile:

So should I avoid having sex for about a year?
Original post by Virgil.
Yes, warts will vanish fairly soon and most likely to not come back, but as I understand the warts disappearing does not necessarily mean the virus has left your body completely (sometimes it can just become latent).

So would speak to doctor/clinician about that possibility and what treatment if any you can take to help get it out of you for good.

I just feel like I can't date for a long time it's knocked my confidence a lot and of course I would never like to give someone this horrible virus
I just feel like I can't date for a long time it's knocked my confidence a lot and of course I would never like to give someone this horrible virus

I understand what you mean but I think as for now, if you don't want to give it to anyone else. I'd suggest you keep the cookie to yourself for sometime.
And do you think it can be spread to someone while You're using protection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't want to scare you but please stop getting cryotherapy!! I was in the exact same situation over 10 years. As a result of getting cryotherapy, I now have vulvar vestibulitis and continuous anal fissures. It's quite literally ruined my life. No one ever mentioned side effects and since I was 18 at the time and so concerned about getting them off, I didn't ask. If I could rewind time and have a few warts that prob would have disappeared with time anyway, you bet that's what I would pick and then just try natural remedies instead. Something for you to think about. Know that you're not alone though. Xxx

Hi! My names jack and I'm in the same boat only I'm male and they are in my anus! Iv been the gum clinic today and let's just say Iv not stopped crying all day! I also feel ashamed and worthless and that no one will ever want me but after reading how other people are in the same situation it's helping! In time they should go for both of us but if you want a chat with someone who knows how you feel people are here!
I know how you feel! I am in the same boat and I remember I was so upset/disgusted with myself. But I had a good, long talk with my doctor and I feel a bit better. I have never had unprotected sex, so it is important to note that this certain strand of HPV is passed merely via skin to skin contact. Anyone can get it, and it has no baring on your sexuality/promiscuity. My doctor told me that they reckon around 90% of all people will at some point carry the virus, and it's really just bad luck that ours decided to develop some unwanted visitors. The freezing didn't work for me, but after nearly 8 weeks of using Aldara they are slowly but surely beginning to disappear! I know they look out of place and are embarrassing, but they are harmless and they will go! Have hope!
Original post by therealdiamond
i know how you feel! I am in the same boat and i remember i was so upset/disgusted with myself. But i had a good, long talk with my doctor and i feel a bit better. I have never had unprotected sex, so it is important to note that this certain strand of hpv is passed merely via skin to skin contact. Anyone can get it, and it has no baring on your sexuality/promiscuity. My doctor told me that they reckon around 90% of all people will at some point carry the virus, and it's really just bad luck that ours decided to develop some unwanted visitors. The freezing didn't work for me, but after nearly 8 weeks of using aldara they are slowly but surely beginning to disappear! I know they look out of place and are embarrassing, but they are harmless and they will go! Have hope!

hi hope this gets to you go on ebay order zinc sulphate pharma 220mg take two day till it clears then start taking one day this should clear it within 1 month i had it bad in my anus vagina etc doctors took so much money from me lazer treatment freezing kept coming back since i started using zic sulphate 220mg all vanished. You can get some side affects like stomack cramps neasea of that happen take a brale from zinc for a week then start again with one day the oncrease two a day then bsck to one a day so on goodluck
Hi,

hi hope this gets to you go on ebay order zinc sulphate pharma 220mg take two day till it clears then start taking one day this should clear it within 1 month i had it bad in my anus vagina etc doctors took so much money from me lazer treatment freezing kept coming back since i started using zic sulphate 220mg all vanished. You can get some side affects like stomack cramps neasea of that happen take a brale from zinc for a week then start again with one day the oncrease two a day then bsck to one a day so on goodluck
Original post by Anonymous #1

I see its been years but Im curious to follow up on how you’re doing now? Did anything work, or did you let time do its thing? Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,

girl, i relate so bad. just cut it off. it works wonders for me xxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest