The Student Room Group

Is this normal?

I feel like I am kind of goofy/ugly when I take photos or what not and generally I feel like I'm ugly.

But, the weird thing is I get a lot of people saying I'm attractive and if I go to a party/restaurant/bar I get a lot stares etc.

If I am so called 'attractive' why do I feel so ugly? I haven't had any bad experiences where I've been rejected or anything because of how I look, but I still feel so bad?

I don't know why I care, because It seems that I can attract the type of girls that a lot of guys would love to date. It just messes with my self esteem a lot and it gets me quite down.

Apologies if I come across that I only care about my self image, but it is messing with my head.
it's your standards m8, you sound like a hamster running in a ball. You need some self love :smile: (which I struggle with too, I guess, I just wonder why I'm still living with my mum having graduated for a year with only 3 months of work...)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
it's your standards m8, you sound like a hamster running in a ball. You need some self love :smile: (which I struggle with too, I guess, I just wonder why I'm still living with my mum having graduated for a year with only 3 months of work...)

What do you mean about it being my standards?
Original post by Anonymous
What do you mean about it being my standards?

Are you comparing yourself to a famous sportsman or actor? Doing so can literally set your mind to "waiting for the first person to tell me I'm ugly" mode - which, I can assure you, will happen if you keep on thinking about it. Be happy you've received female attention in the first place, those stares in the restaurant are most likely of envy so don't let it get to you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending